cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart First 6 question - size of internal memory.

keithbrown53
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Can any smart first 6 owners please confirm the size of their internal memory?

Mine has 2 GB, but the specs (http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-first-6-payg) seem to indicate this should be 4GB!

Regards,

Keith.

16 REPLIES 16

Hanfanhat
1: Seeker
I'm not sure if this thread is still active but we are struggling with my sons smart first 6!

We have put a 16gb sd card in but are unable to move any apps from internal storage as the option is greyed out. We also are unable to install any new apps to the phone as it says storage is full, even if we choose the sd card as default storage.

Any tips on how to move apps over to sd card and allow him to actually put any apps on the phone would be very gratefully received 🙂

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Not all phones / software will allow the movement of apps and even phones that will won't always let certain apps be moved too.

Possibly look to moving other items to the Sd card such as music and pictures , videos etc. 

Delete any old or rarely used Apps. 

Delete any old notes, calendar entries and old emails and sms texts. 

4Gb of phone internal storage isn't a lot p,us it's used for any software updates. 

I'd personally possibly look to upgrading the phone some time in the future for a larger capacity. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi. Not all phones/android versions allow moving apps to SD cards or installing them there, I think that phone falls into that category.

Hanfanhat
1: Seeker
Thank you both, he has no apps apart from the ones that are preloaded, and he has approx 15/20 pics/videos - that is it!

He has only had the phone a month so literally doesn't have anything else on it!

I can't see any option to move the pics to the sd card so it appears the only option is to delete them.

Such a shame as this seemed like the perfect first phone for him but it really isn't any good if he can't use it for anything apart from texting/phoning - I would like him to have a little bit of freedom to have a few apps!

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

There should be a process to save the pics to Sd card or move them to Sd card. Possibly somewhere in a file manager setting etc. 

As I say the 4Gb onboard storage which some I believe is taken up with the OS is very limiting. 

Current Phone  >

Nabs
It's quite a bit more money buy the Smart Speed 6 comes with 8GB of internal storage, it's still not a lot but it should let you get a few more apps installed.
If you're still within the 30 day cooling off period you may be able to go back to the shop and get it changed?

BandOfBrothers

Alternatively Highstreet stores such as CEX or Game as examples buy and sell used phones. 

I suggest taking the SIM card with you if going down this route to ensure the phone accepts your sim and connects to the network. 

Current Phone  >