Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 Camera Stopped Working!

consultant1951
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hoping there's a quick fix for this. Bought my wife a SU6 For Christmas. Highly delighted until today when she said that her camera, when activated, just comes up with "Camera Has Stopped Working"! Tried clearing Cache but it makes no difference. Can anyone advise?

13 REPLIES 13

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, have seen this sort of thing before with some devices, you could try a factory reset, if that doesn't cure it (dont think it will)

You may need to send it off for repair.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @consultant1951

Can you please try turning the phone off , remove battery (handset dependant) Re insert battery and after a few seconds turn back on. 

You could also also look at alternative Camera Apps from the App Store as a workaround 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried installing a camera app but the same error comes up!

hrym

It's worth giving a factory reset a go as it would be part of any repair process anyway.   Make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd before you start and also back up any content that isn't duplicated elsewhere.  Remove the external sd card if you have one as these are sometimes formatted in the process.

Tried Soft Reset then Factory Reset. No Joy I'm Afraid - Looks like its going in the post. Thank you all for your help.

Contacted Vodafone (live chat) on 5th. They told me to take it to a V shop which I did on 6th. They looked at it did a factory reset then said it had a faulty Android?. Contacted live chat again that day who said they would send out a Jiffy bag to return the phone to them. TEN days later I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Did another live chat (everyone so apologetic) but nobody seems to be able to make things happen. Does anyone realise how difficult it is to actually speak to someone at Vodafone about issues like this! I tried 4 different numbers - you just enter a loop and then hang up in frustration. Think thats how they planned it! Finally phoned the contracts department and pressed the keys to cancel my account (dont forget I PAYG but didnt mention that at first) I explained my plight to a very embarrassed young lady, again very apologetic. She said she would do something about it! Then I mentioned the payg thing and give her due she said it shouldnt matter with this litany of poor service. She stuck with me and waited until she could transfer me personally ( she said they tried to drop the call twice but she kept it active). She did her best for me. Finally got through to right people. Result!! Well not really. I'm still waiting for the bldy Jiffy bag. Words cannot describe how poor the service infrastructure is at Vodafone especially if you are PAYG.

OK so I last posted on this ‎on 16-02-2016. You know what! Your really not going to believe this........Its 30-08-2016 OVER 6 MONTHS and this problem is STILL not resolved. The Same Phone is still giving the Same error message. I really don't know what to do next. One thing I am not going to do is GIVE UP.

You're probably going to have to send it off for repair again.  Contact customer services and ask for a repair pack or call into your local Vodafone store and drop your phone off there.

PWIAC

Hi @consultant1951,

I'm disappointed to hear that this issue is still ongoing; if you haven't done so already, I'd recommend popping into your local store so that we can have a look at the phone for you.

Alternatively, I've sent you a private message with details on how our team can get this looked into for you.

Thanks,

Sarah