Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 Camera Stopped Working!

consultant1951
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hoping there's a quick fix for this. Bought my wife a SU6 For Christmas. Highly delighted until today when she said that her camera, when activated, just comes up with "Camera Has Stopped Working"! Tried clearing Cache but it makes no difference. Can anyone advise?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Sarah (I will try to remember the timeline as best I can).

OK first off the reason it is taking so long to resolve IMHO is its a PAYG Phone so not on contract so NO motivation on Vodafones part to sort it out even though the phone was bought online from the web store.

Purchased (along with a second indentical one) at end Nov 2015.

Mid Jan error code "Unfortunately the Camera has stopped working". Spents hours looking where to get direction cos it was bought on line. 3 x Live Chats where I was told so much incorrect advice you wouldnt believe it but finally was told to take it in local store. Took it in store and member of staff factory reset, result Working OK Yeah!.

Day after same Error code! Earliest opportunity I took it back in (Early Feb??) and they sent it away. It was gone 3 weeks approx then got text to say it had been fixed. Picked it up OK. 4 weeks later same error, took in back to store, repeat but 4 weeks later we went in store and asked about it cos we'd had no text. "Oh its been here a while now". All fixed.

Approx 3 weeks later - same error code!!

This is my wifes phone. I use the other one I bought (which was replaced after 3 months cos the SD card reader would not work). Apart from this its been fine so each time wifes breaks down I give her mine to use (she needs camera) and I use old phone we have handy.

We got used to not using it actually but I decided that I would take it back again just before we went on holiday (we share one on holiday).  Took it in store 30/6/2016 went on holiday, came back, no text nothing! Wife went in store 20/7/16 to chase up - Phone was there?? It lasted 3 weeks this time! Same error...... Phoned Vodafone Cust Service - They sympathise but can't do anything about it cos they have no access to PAYG phone records as store does?? Advised me to take it back but said to get the store to ring them whilst I was there???? Now I know they are taking the Mickey cos it took me 2 hours and a ring back to contact them in first place. ANYWAY I Took it back yesterday.....Phone gone for repair.........

Sarah - I have submitted the form twice with all relevant info included however I'm not sure its got through as I get a bounce message when I click on Submit.

Hi @consultant1951,

If you haven't received the auto-reply after submitting our email form, then it doesn't sound as though our team have received your message.

If you're receiving an error message when submitting the form please try the following and resubmit the form:

- Clear your cookies and cache

- Try an alternative internet browser

- Shorten your message in the 'question' box

- If you have an alternative email address, try this if it still doesn't work

Thanks,

Sarah

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@consultant1951

Welcome to the Community.

Try a soft reset first by holding down the volume and power on buttons. When the phone reboots release the volume button followed by the power button.

If this does not work, follow @63johnwadvise.