Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 random reboots

Paccamacca
3: Seeker
Hi all
I'm loving my SU6, but it has an annoying habit of rebooting when I load up apps ... Obviously not every time as the tone of this note would be very different, but it does go through periods when it is aa daily occurance. There is also a line of flashing pixels at the top of the screen, so not sure if it is a duff unit. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the cause ?
I toyed with the possibility that my case was putting pressure on the power and volume down buttons, but removing the phone from the case didn't solve the problem ... Any suggestions ?
Thanx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Paccamacca

If there is a line of line of flashing pixels at the top of the screen, it would be more than likely you have a faulty phone.

If you are still in the 14 day exchange period, it would be better to take the phone back to a Vodafone store and ask their advise.

If you are out of the 14 day exchange period, the store will be able to give the best advise on how to get the phone repaired.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Have you updated the firmware recently?

Its a suggestion to perform a factory reset / hard reset to get rid of old redundant files and even doing the process if you have not updated the firmware can help. As this process deletes the data stored in the phones memory its advised to create a back up first. 

Try deleting your most recent downloaded app(s) as this may be clashing.

How much memory do you have remaining in the phones memory as the phone can start to suffer if it's close to full. 

Finally Vodafone offer a 24 month warranty so you could ask a shop to send it off to their repair centres to have a diagnostic run. Again back it up as they typically re flash the firmware as part of the process.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@Paccamacca

If there is a line of line of flashing pixels at the top of the screen, it would be more than likely you have a faulty phone.

If you are still in the 14 day exchange period, it would be better to take the phone back to a Vodafone store and ask their advise.

If you are out of the 14 day exchange period, the store will be able to give the best advise on how to get the phone repaired.

Paccamacca
Thanks Ann, I suspect its a repair then. Thanks again