Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart ultra 6 warranty

Kienzel
4: Newbie

Hi, how long is the Smart Ultra 6 warranty? i saw that Lee stated it was 24 months in reply to a question about call volume, is this true?, damn hope so!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Yes it's 24 months manufacturing warranty. 

This wouldn't cover issues caused by a drop or water damage.

Vodafone link.

Any Vodafone shop can send it away. Remove the SIM card and Sd card (handset dependant)

Tip:

Ensure the member of staff notes down the exact issue. 

Note its aesthetic condition and show it turned on.

I also advise to take your own time / date stamped pictures with one of it turned on too.   

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

I remember reading on a thread that you should retain the battery and the phone back as well (assuming that they are removable) before sending the main part of the phone for repair.

This surprised me considerably, especially as the fault could be associated with the battery - and I can't now locate the discussion to verify the details. Can anyone cast light on this?

BandOfBrothers

Some advice I've come across is to just remove the SIM card and any SD card if applicable. 

Some advice I come across in past suggests also sending the charger if the issue relates to charging or the battery. 

Unless stipulated by the Vodafone store representatives to not send the battery I would send mine. I would however make some identity mark on it so I know I recieved my original back if the phone had a removable battery. 

Edit : it's defined in Repairing-a-faulty-phone-or-device.

"Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N

Certainly absolutely essential to retain the SIM, and also any SD card, as these are definitely separate from the phone.

As far as I can remember, the problem was that the phone came back from repair without either battery or rear cover, and was therefore unusable until replacements could be obtained, which was proving a problem! I've tried searches on different terms, and found some old threads in archive, but the one I remember is much more recent.

I'd suggest getting clarification from the store, or whoever at Vodafone you arrange the repair through, as to which bits they do or don't want returned.