Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stock Firmware for Vodafone Prime 6 Handset

lemon2007
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello everyone...

I do wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction here...

I have a Vodafone Prime 6 Handset and its causing me some problems...

Everything was running fine until i uninstalled the Facebook app and now im stuck in a bootloop, i have followed the resetting instructions (vol up and power, then clear and reset etc) but its just the same.

Just hangs at the Vodafone logo then reboots.

I have been told the easiest way to resolve this would be just to reinstall the firmware again,However nothing being easy I cant see this anywhere, Can anyone help....

Thank you in advance!

Melissa

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Firmware is usually provided by the firmware update settings in your phone. Vodafone I don't believe would send you the firmware.

You could google to search.

Really a hard reset should take the phone back to as it was out of the box. Take into account this deletes all saved data in the phones memory.

Help link http://www.hardreset.info/devices/vodafone/vodafone-smart-prime-62/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hi thanks for your reply, i have already tried the reset method you mention.

no joy, still bootloop.

how strange that if vodafone wont supply the firmware and the software is somehow corrupt then the handset is useless and needs to be returned to the seller, seems a massive waste of money, time and effort just for the sake of a firmware package.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Unless a person knows what their doing with firmwares I would advice to attempt a firmware reinstall.

Of course that's up to the owner.

You could pop into a Vodafone Store and ask if they can help in-store or by sending the into off to their repair centres who would as part of the procedure flash the phone back to factory conditions

Current Phone  >

this is the only phone i own that i didnt want to root or install custom rom onto (cyanogenmod etc) i wanted to keep this one pure stock/vodafone and use as my daily driver its only two weeks old, not very good.

as i understand the Prime is a rebranded alcatel, cant understand why alcatel offer a software upgrader that will reinstall a current firmware but Vodafone wont.

i have had many android handsets and although at a basic level i have never bricked a phone by rooting or changing roms so would feel confident of reinstalling.

but hey if they dont offer the software then i cant lol

i bought it from argos of all places, seems overkill but i know they would simply accept it back as a faulty handset.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

If your within the return period then if this was my handset I think I would too be considering getting it swapped out.

Current Phone  >

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
You could also send the handset in to Vodafone for repair. The repair centre will be able to flash the firmware onto the device.

PWIAC