You are here:

Other manufacturers & OS discussion

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster

Thanks Vodafone for the Marshmallow update on Smart Ultra 6

There are a lot of posts bemoaning the new update, but I am very pleased that Vodafone has provided an upgrade from Lollipop to Marshmallow for the Ultra 6, so I wanted to offset all the negative comments here.

My recent experience with OTA upgrades with previous phones hasn't been great.  It seems that once a phone is no longer in the shops (Motorola and Sony), they stop upgrading it.

I'm very pleased to have a newer operating system on my year old phone, and am pleased with the improvements especially the overhaul of app permissions.  

I did have to do a factory reset, but that solved some on going issues I had with Lollipop, and with so much changing under the skin of the OS it's unsurprising everything didn't just work.

Fingers crossed for a Nougat upgrade a few months after Android O(reo?) is realeased.

Message 1 of 2 (1,746 Views)
Highlighted
Topics: 0
Solutions: 1

Re: Thanks Vodafone for the Marshmallow update on Smart Ultra 6

@jefmcg

Thanks for the great feedback.

If you ever need us in the future, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Message 2 of 2 (1,701 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up