Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ultra Smart 6 audio notes not working properly

momoskrilla
2: Seeker

Hello.

Brand new Ultra Smart 6 here. I use Whatsapp a lot like many people and tend to send audio notes as they are easy and better than typing.

I have noticed messages cutting out as I replay them back and the people sending them can't even open 2 minute long ones for example at all.

It even happens when I receive messages that they are 3mins long but cut out 1min in.

It's so frustrating. This happened before and after I put a screen protector on and also to make sure it wasn't just whatsapp (never had this issue with my last phone at all) I tried the voice recorder app that comes with the phone and even that cuts out.

So basically ones I send and receive more often than not cut out. And the recorder app the phone has built in also cuts out.

It's driving me mental!

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

momoskrilla

Want to add that software is up to date.

Anyone?

This is happening on all voice recording options possible on the phone.

I loathe to return the phone as I live abroad from where I bought it.

Driving me mental!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@momoskrilla

If this issue as only been present since you updated your phone, please back this up on a PC or laptop then perform a reset on the phone. This will restore all your settings back to how they were before the update and the issue will be resolved.

If this doesn’t help we will need to take a look at this for you. Please see more information on requesting a repair via our website.

I haven't updated the software since I got it.

I haven't done anything other than unlock the phone but that shouldn't affect the audio notes.

It's a real issue for me. 

For example, I end a 5 min note, it says 5 mins is there to listen to, but a minute plays and cuts out.

I'll await your reply before deciding my next move.

But the software has not changed since I got it and the last time I checked it was up to date.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This sounds like a resources issue to me.  I've had similar issues with videos on a now elderly tablet (8gb storage and 1gb RAM).

It's possible that giving the device an SD card to play with and moving as many apps as possible to it (though there are downsides to that) might help.  On the other hand, apps tend to take up storage space rather than working memory.  Then again, the operating system of the Smart range has a neat way of incorporating external cards into the main memory pool.

You could also try clearing recent apps before playing an audio note.  It's surprising how much working memory that can free up.  Given the demands of recent verions of apps, I'm finding I have to do that constantly on said tablet.