Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Ask

Solution

πŸ†˜ Ultra Smart in Call Volume problem πŸ†˜

DreddArt
3: Seeker
I have a worsening problem with my β–ΆSmart Ultra 6....
And that is, although its brilliant for games βœ…, most excellent for art apps βœ…Has some fantastic photo editing apps βœ….... Its absolutely useless at the one thing a phone is meant to be used for....πŸ“ž CALLS❕
I have seen similar posts but they all seem to have the opposite πŸ”„ problem to myself.
The problem I have is when I make a call the I can hear the person I am calling just fine but they cannot hear me πŸ‘‚at all unless I put loudspeaker πŸ”Š on and then apparently only just.
I have done soft reset.... Hard reset.... Had recent software upgrade and nothing has helped. There is in fluff in the microphone 🎀 . I have tried the headphone 🎧 socket solution... But nothing has helped. No liquid damage.
I was hoping somebody out there might just have a fix.
I am extremely reliant on my phone at this particular time and for this reason I did not want my phone to have to be sent away....
The phone was brand new in February.... It has had the problem since about the 3rd week of owning. But due to ill health πŸ™€I have just 'put up' with it.
But now it has got even worse....... πŸ˜₯
4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

How-do-I-return-a-faulty-phone-tablet-or-accessory.

Hi @DreddArt

Can I assume no screen shield or case is on the phone. 

And this issue occurs in all the areas you commute to. 

I assume its not been dropped or has any type of water damage from rain, drop into liquid or extreme conditions that could cause condensation/ moisture inside it. 

You have already carried out some troubleshooting tips. 

A person had a 30 day window to have a faulty phone replaced. Day 1-14 is a straight swap. Day 15-30 they'll want to send it off and if it's faulty they'll swap it. Day 31 it's a repair. (See the link above)

The phone will be covered by a manufacturing 24 month warranty.  

It maybe beneficial to have Vodafone send it off for a diagnostic and a look at the hardware.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy sΒ²Β³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

DreddArt
Thank-you for your reply

Yes it happens wherever I am
No screen sheild or case
No water exposure

And so... If it goes for repair and is unrepairable through a faulty handset and no fault of mine.. . I am to expect a replacement?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If the handset is beyond repair, and you've not caused the issue yourself, it will be replaced.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

If the phone isn't repairable i.e beyond economical repair ,and it's not deemed as out of tbe Manufacturing Warrany clauses then Vodafone would typically replace the phone with the same model.

Be aware it maybe a refurbished model. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy sΒ²Β³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.