Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to update the updates app

keith00
2: Seeker

I have an old LG -T385 and vodafone are unable to update the old style app.

The app is the sim card type. Can someone please help out 'cos vodafone are not very helpful,and have been a customer for about 17/18 years.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @keith00

I'm not quite getting what your wanting to achieve. :Sad_face:

Could you explain a little more please ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

keith00

There is a little sim card icon that when you open it you can check your balance and other services.Well when i go to check my balance it comes back with a lot of jumbled up words and not how much credit i have.They use to just send the update to you when you had a problem.It was easy.

BandOfBrothers

Ah right. 

Am I to assume you cannot use the myvodafone app or myvodafone online. I cannot find information  on that model of phone. 

Myvodafone App.

Other options are...

Link > How-can-I-check-my-balance and allowances.

Current Phone  >

Thank you anyway for replying to me but i will get it sorted somehow or just keep using the*#1345# thing.

BandOfBrothers

No worries. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I've eventually managed to locate this info on your phone, though I'm not a great deal wiser.

I have a Huawei G300 which is roughly contemporary, but standard android, and I am able to run an early version of the MyVodafone app on it - when I had to do a factory reset recently, I was able to re-install the same version off the Google Play store - it gives you the version appropriate to your phone, as far as I understand it.

I'd guess that the particular app you describe has been superceded a while back, and that current Vodafone staff may be baffled by your enquiry! If you can't install the present app, then *#1345#, supplemented occasionally by the info obtainable via 2345 (free to call), is probably your best bet. Or using the online account.

Thanks for that really good of you to reply,but yeah until i can get a new phone i will just continue to do it old way. Again thank you.