cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade to 5.0.2 / 120FHN1 creates serious Network issue. Any workaround?

vassilis_ky
1: Seeker

On a Vodafone Smart prime 6 device after upgrading to 5.0.2 / 120FHN1 , the  following issue raised :

When  the  the  option below  is selected :Settings>Data usage>Mobile networks>Preferred network type>4G/3G/2G(Auto)  

Then the device is keep loosing network/signal every 30 secs or less .The provider name (Vodafone ) on the  top left  of the screen is disappeared and now says "no service -emergency calls only"  and on the  top right side of the screen i get no signal bars at all  ( !!!!)

Practically that means you cannot have data access and/or 4G connection and you have to switch to the other option for the same menu (3G/2G(Auto) or the manual 3G  or 2G).Before updating to this android release no issues were noticed .As a result i cannot take advantage of my 4G network for data and this is a corporate connection...

Can you pls let me know any workaround to solve this?

Many thx
2 REPLIES 2

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@vassilis_ky That's not an idea situation to be in. Have you tried factory resetting since the update? May be that some setting hasn't carried over properly which is confusing the OS. 

This forum is focussed on customer to customer discussions so it's unlikely you'll be able to get any direct assistance from Vodafone. You mentioned it's a corporate account, you may be better assisted by contacting yout account manager. They'll unlikely be able ot fix it but at the very least they would be able to feed it back into the relevant team at Vodafone to ensure a fix is rolled out asap.

hrym

In the first instance, try a factory reset, which would be part of any repair process anyway.  Make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd and back up your content first.  If you have an external SD card, remove it as the reset process can wipe it.

A system update uses a lot of resources, so it's a good idea, before you start, to close recent apps and restart the device to have as few processes running and give as much working memory as possible.