Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF Smart Ultra 6 camera

rustyc
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

hi .. am i expecting too much ?

i don't have an issue with general clarity and sharpess for the price but why does it struggle with saturation in shadows? im not talking deep, dark areas devoid of sunlight, just slight shadows without direct light on them. for instance it doesn't even attempt to add even a little colour to leaves on one side of a plant in shadow, it just renders them as grey, resulting in one side being nice and green the other like it's been covered in apocalyptic volcanic ash.

if a 20 year old 3.2 megapixel Olympus point and shoot can manage surely this phone should be able to?

cheers. rustyc

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Its 13MP camera and auto focus should give you decent enough results. 

Perhaps try try having a tinker with any available picture settings. 

To be honest a dedicated camera I think even though it's lower in MP specs would outperform a smartphone camera. After all it's full of settings etc to produce results. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thanks but i've tried all i can think of. initially i thought i was shooting with a filter but it occurs in both auto and manual mode. the only method i've found is to heavily overexpose the image but then obviously im losing detail in the burnt out other areas. im not sure if it's hardware or software. i dragged an old 3GS and Samsung G600 out from retirement and side by side with the SU6 they're resolving colour in shadows without issue.

edit: i've just shot another image now that cloud cover has arrived here and flat light seems to cause no problem with the saturation