cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF695 How do i switch sound notifications on for (sms)

PCWW
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a new vodafone smart first 6 ,which is ok apart from the short underpowered battery life. My problem is that i can not switch sound notification on for text messages. I have downloaded and read the manual, and tried altering it on settings, with no luck

I also have a problem with sms chat histoy, which keeps turning up on my lock screen ,and can,t find a way to remove it.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello.

May I Welcome you to The UK Vodafone eForum which is a Customer to Customer help and Discussion forum.

I have also read through the manual here and in relation to a Sound Notification I note their is a 'mute' facility within the message settings. Is it possible that has been enabled ?

Page 39 ”Select to make phone mute as a notification when receiving a new message.“

If this is not the case and your still at issue with the sms chat history then if convenient perhaps visit your most local Vodafone HighStreet Store where they should be able to walk you through its settings and available features. 

The battery will need charging and discharging a few times before it reaches its optimum output and please take into account as your using it a little more at the moment to set it up and learn about its features battery depletion will be faster than normal. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hello.

May I Welcome you to The UK Vodafone eForum which is a Customer to Customer help and Discussion forum.

I have also read through the manual here and in relation to a Sound Notification I note their is a 'mute' facility within the message settings. Is it possible that has been enabled ?

Page 39 ”Select to make phone mute as a notification when receiving a new message.“

If this is not the case and your still at issue with the sms chat history then if convenient perhaps visit your most local Vodafone HighStreet Store where they should be able to walk you through its settings and available features. 

The battery will need charging and discharging a few times before it reaches its optimum output and please take into account as your using it a little more at the moment to set it up and learn about its features battery depletion will be faster than normal. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you for your reply. My phone showed that the mute was off in the settings even though it was on.. I switched it on and off a couple of times and eventually it reset. The problem occured when i set the general setting to silent  mode for the whole phone. When i switched it off, the sms sound notification stayed muted.

I would still like to know how and why my messaging history manages to turn up on my lock screen.. I have spent a lot of time trying to fix this ,but can,t find a work around.  Anybody can read my messages , even when the phone is locked. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome and I'm glad that part has been resolved now. 

In the User Manual this is touched upon. 

"11.2.3 Display PERSONALISE • Lock screen notifications • Mark the checkbox to show notifications on lock screen."

If you uncheck this does that stop the messages being displayed ?

Current Phone  >

That was the first thing i tried. Unfortunatly it had no effect.

BandOfBrothers

😔

Sorry to hear that. 

Maybe when your passing a Vodafone store pop in and ask as they may know of an intern setting that's not presenting itself in the user manual. 

Current Phone  >

I just thought i would let you know how to fix the problem i had with the message history on my lock screen.

11.5.3 in the manual , accssibility shortcut..This temporarily allows access to apps on the lock screen. They can then be accessed and slid into the trash bin X at the top of the screen.

How this app got there in the first place, i'll never know !

BandOfBrothers

Awesome news. 

Glad you managed to get to the bottom of it. 

Current Phone  >