Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VODAPHONE SMART ULTRA 6 & MIRACAST & SKYGO & LOLLIPOP 5.01

GetaLife
1: Seeker

Great value phone the Smart Ultra 6. I bought it with Sky Go freebie. Then I find that due to Miracast and Lollipop 5.01 and/or a meteor  in the proximity of Uranus that it will not operate Sky Go.

I've looked in all the forums over the past two months since purchasing the phone and as yet there has been no solution released, no software/hardware patch or no problem resolving Android upgrade. All info points to it being upto Vodaphone to fix this glitch and Vodaphones silence is self explanatory.

Someone from Vodaphone please pick up on this issue and give me the definitive answer on

1. How to fix it if there is a fix yet?

2. When there will fix if there is not currently?

3. If it will not be fixed tell me so I can stop using the phone.

As a customer I deserve to know my options. If I have been sold a device that does not do what it purports to do then I have the right to know my options and to take the necessary action.

At the moment it seems that Vodaphone is avoiding the issue therefore alienating loyal customers....at least me anyway.

The sad thing is I am ready to buy a second Ultra if this issue is resolved and am just awaiting an answer....maybe when the meteor passes?

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Ashley
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GetaLife

As Miracast and Sky Go are 3rd party services, we're unable to provide support for them. I'd recommend contacting the manufacturers directly.

Future software updates for the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 may have a fix for this.

Please see our Firmware statement for FAQs.

Legfan2
2: Seeker
Check the other threads, there is an update 5.1 which solves the miracast problem. It's Turkish but you just delete all the Voda blurb, I've installed it and it works fine, can now watch Skygo.

Legfan2
Why do the tech team refer people to the firmware statement ? It basically says that Vodafone cannot comment on possible firmware updates ! Absolutely no help whatsoever.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

The firmware statement gives an overview of the reasons why Vodafone can't comment on when a particular firmware will be available so that people are more informed of the rationale behind them not commenting 

PWIAC

Legfan2
Vodafone COULD tell people if there is going to be an update, we don't need dates etc just a simple yes or no. For instance we know that 5.1 has been released in Turkey for the smart Ultra 6 but there is still no word of the update ever being released in the UK, why ?

drey_p

@Legfan2 wrote:
Vodafone COULD tell people if there is going to be an update, we don't need dates etc just a simple yes or no.

Unfortunately, if Vodafone did that there would be some people kicking off because no dates have been mentioned.  As a result, they simply will not comment on any firmware release - you just have to wait to see if it comes to your handset.

PWIAC

Legfan2
Exactly, proves my point that the firmware statement is useless !