cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart 4 Mini - one on Android 4.4.2 another on 4.2.2 ?!

cairntoul
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, I have just bought two Vodafone Smart 4 Mini phones. Both were bought at the same time and from the same shop.

Looking at the phone information after switching on, one device is on Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat), the other device is on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).

When trying to do an automatic software update on the 4.2.2 device it says that there is nothing available. 

Is it possible to officially upgrade the 4.2.2 device to 4.4.2? Vodafone must have the official ROM somewhere(!)

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

It has been known to purchase handsets of the same model at the same shop and have different firmware OS on them. That's happened to a couple of iPhones I've purchased from my local  store.

I would suggest to keep checking the update section of your phone and when it's available you will be able to update it as they are typically released on a staggered rollout.

Vodafones Branded Phones Firmware Statement : https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Account-specific-discussions/Firmware/m-p/831995

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It is possible that the update has been withdrawn which is why you can't find it on the update servers.

You may be able to find it online - there are loads of sites out there where you can download official ROMs for devices. 

PWIAC