Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Mini 4 latest software update causing problems

draddog
1: Seeker

Since I have downloaded the recommended software update to my phone in early January it now switches on WiFi without me selecting it and constantly resets my phone sound and storage to default after I have set them differently. The update is 4.4.2-330HEG1. Why is it doing this - as I had no problems before the upgrade - and how can I fix it? If I cannot fix it how can I recover to the previous software version as 'factory reset' instructions suggest you will retain any version downloaded?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @draddog

When an upgrade to a firmware is carried out its generally suggested to then perform a factory reset to clear out old files especially if the phone is glitchy. 

As this deletes data in the phones memory please create a back up beforehand if you go down this route. 

This may help you regarding going back to another Firmware Here

Also a member called @thesoupdragon maybe able to advise further. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thesoupdragon

Hi draddog,

What a shame that has happened... :smileysad:

It sounds as if the update hasn't taken properly onto the Phone?

@BandOfBrothers is absolutely right to recommend a Factory Reset, It has been know to fix all these types of issues and allows the Phone to reconfigure itself properly...

It's a bit like restarting a Windows PC after lots of updates.

You might as well try the reset because the next recommendation would be to send the Phone away for repair.

The first thing they do is wipe the Phone... So this forces you to Back up all your "Stuff" in advance. :smileywink:

The repair centre will Flash the latest Firmware onto your Phone just incase the previous update didn't apply properly.

Repairing a Faulty Phone

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Common Alcatel feature - wound me up big time

go to settings and wifi

tap the menu option in the wifi setting page
look for sleep or power options and set it to powered all the time 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.