Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 people can't hear me

JakeSA
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Vodafone Smart Platinum 7. During a call people can't hear  me for a few seconds and can then hear me again. It is definately not the signal seeing that I've used Samsungs on the same spots for over 10 years and have never had the problem. I lost my Platinum 7 and got a replacement Vodafone Smart Platinum 7. It does exactly the same. Please help, people are finding it very annoying.

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JakeSA

The first thing to try are the troubleshooting tips in the network issues link below and copy and paste the results back on the thread for one of the Team to check for any network issues in your area. If you put your postcode in the coverage checker on the link at the top of the page, you will be able to check the network for your area.

You may find a replacement SIM card fixes the issue. Try turning your phone off and back on.

Network Issues

When you have been through the things to try, if you are still having issues, take the phone into a Vodafone store for the staff to look at the problem. 

JakeSA

Hi, thanks for the prompt response, but that was the answer that I was really NOT looking for. As mentioned in the post, there is no way that it's a signal problem: when my Platinum 7 was lost, I used my old Samsung S4 and made 45 mins plus calls without any problem. I've had to have a Sim swap done when I lost the phone, therefore that isn't a solution either. It's not specific to that one handset, seeing that I've lost the first handset, and got another with exactly the same problem. It can therefore only be a model problem. How can I get hold of the Vodafone tech staff to supply a fix?

AnnS

Hi @JakeSA

I am not quite sure what you would want the Tech to be able to fix. Without an example of the problem, there would not be very much to go on, you need to complete the steps in the link with your answers.  This will give them something to work on.

If you are having the same problem in all areas and not just at your home address, its going to be a problem with the phone or SIM card. If you are able to take the phone into a Vodafone Store, at least they would be able to take a look at the phone.

If you are able to try your SIM in an alternative phone, this will give an indication of a SIM or phone fault.  All this information is on the network link.

Thanks for the reply :-). It happens at all the different locations during daily routine, but not specific to any spot. It happens, for example, at my desk where I've been sitting for 5 years. I've used several other models of phones at my desk, but never had the problem before. It would happen at home where I've lived for around 8 years, where, also, I haven't had the problem before. I've tried to move outside the house, but it still happens randomly.

I've started using a cover the weekend, but didn't have a screenguard or cover before, seeing that the Vodafone shop didn't have any stock and I struggled finding one. When I experienced the problem, there was not cover or screenguard on the handset.Therefore,, we can rule that out as well.

Sorry, the last reply was for @BandofBrothers

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for that information @JakeSA

In my unscientific experience I have come across that some phones can latch onto signal better than others. As this is happening everywhere and with the same model this could be one of those instances. 

Have you tried turning off 3g to force the phone onto 2g which can help with call quality. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @JakeSA

The volume up and down button is on the right of the phone and it is quite sensitive, also it is easy enough to mute calls during a conversation by accidentally touching the call button.

The best way to get the phone tested is by taking it into a Vodafone Store and let them test an alternative SIM in the phone and test your SIM in a different phone.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @JakeSA

May I ask are you having any type of case or front screen shield on television phone ? Sometimes these can hinder the microphones. 

Dies this happen everywhere you go ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.