Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Prime 6 - Settings>Security option

BDWatt
2: Seeker

I knew it was too good to be true.  Now I know why this phone was £79.  It's because some of the basic functions do not work.  Point and case. Security option.  By clicking on settings then security only takes you back to your home screen.  You cannot change any settings. Installations is blocked.

"For security, your phone is set to block all installation of apps obtained from unknown sources"

then it gives me 2 options.

Cancel or settings.

By clicking settings it does nothing. It takes you back to the previous screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion
48 REPLIES 48

mattg1919
I can access the security settings, set lock screens, uninstall apps, and change VPN settings no problems now.

thesoupdragon

Once again, thanks Matt. :smileywink:

TSD

Can you also check whether the official Google Authenticator App now works. This was another deal breaker for me as I use 2-factor authentication everywhere. On the original firmware the App crashed when opening.

mattg1919
That app crashes for me upon opening

Bummer, still potentially major app issues to resolve then. I'm sure there will be others

I still find it odd that Google's own app won't run on Google's own OS. Classy quality assurance.

b3nstones
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I can confirm Security and VPN settings work fine now. Thank you for swiftly releasing a firmware update to address the problem.

thesoupdragon
@amupperton

The issue has been passed on to the relevant team to investigate.

😉

bethbird

None of the links work for me on my phone or kaptop . I need to do the firmware upgrade to secure my phone. Can anyone help?

hrym

If you tap on Settings|About Phone, there should be an option to check for software updates.   It's probably in a sub-menu from there (software?), so just look around until you find it.  Updating firmware can take some time, so it's a good idea to have the device plugged in before you start.

I also clear recent apps and do a restart first, just to give the phone as many of its system resources as possible.  This may reduce the likelihood of the need for a factory reset afterwards.

Edited to add: One of the links that doesn't work for you give the route:

• Settings
  • About Phone
  • Software Updates
  • Check for updates