Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Prime 6 - Settings>Security option

BDWatt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I knew it was too good to be true.  Now I know why this phone was £79.  It's because some of the basic functions do not work.  Point and case. Security option.  By clicking on settings then security only takes you back to your home screen.  You cannot change any settings. Installations is blocked.

"For security, your phone is set to block all installation of apps obtained from unknown sources"

then it gives me 2 options.

Cancel or settings.

By clicking settings it does nothing. It takes you back to the previous screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion
48 REPLIES 48

I think I better just take this phone back.  There's more problems with it than it's worth.  I keep finding more things wrong with it.  I am constantly losing my wifi connection.  I was on wifi earlier today and before I knew it, my phone balance was -£6.42 (yes that's a minus) and I had £15 of credit in my phone. As mentioned above, the phone doesn't have a music media player either.  The battery is 2500 mAh when it's supposed to be 3000 mAh.  My internal memory is 4GB yet specs say it comes with 8GBs.  You cannot uninstall aps or install aps from unknown sources because you cannot access the security settings and for the same purpose you cannot secure your phone with a pin either.  There is no way Google is going to release a firmware update for this any time soon.  It will be months before that happens.  So this time tomorrow.  I will be sitting here with the Sony Xperia E4g which is the one I was going to get but vodafone tried to lure us in with their facbricated stats and faulty phone.

AtlantaTaylor
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Does anyone else's phone not have a factory music player installed? 

The only way I can play my music is manually selecting the music file from file manager. I cannot find a music media player on this phone.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@AtlantaTaylor wrote:

Does anyone else's phone not have a factory music player installed? 

I have a Smart 4 Mini, which is very much bottom of the range. The music player on that is called Play Music. I'd suggest looking carefully through the apps, to make sure that there isn't a music player hiding under some unexpected name.

But, if you can't secure your phone properly, I'd suggest returning it while it's still within the return period!

Annie.

KD
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone

Thanks for flagging this issue.

I've escalated it into our Device teams and they're investigating further.

Thanks

K

I got mine today and I have exactly the same problems. Cannot set a lock screen and so I cannot secure my phone. I also cannot uninstall any apps once they have been installed.

I will be returning it tomorrow as it is not fit for purpose. Otherwise it's a good phone for the price. If there was an easy fix that would be great and I'd be interested to hear of any solutions. As other users have stated - this may come far too late.

Annie_N

Update re music player: I've just seen it confirmed that the Smart Prime 6 has Google Play Music installed. You should find it amongst the apps as "Play Music", probably with an icon of some orange headphones.

A.

thesoupdragon
Hi BDWatt

I think you are right to return the phone if you are not fully satisfied with it.

Just to clarify the onboard storage:
8GB will be the total storage of the phone not user available storage.
Android Lollipop usually takes up 2GB and then there will be included apps.
You can add a MicroSD card to store photos and music etc... Some apps can also have their data stored on the MicroSD too.

Nabs

I've just purchased this phone and was searching online for at least 30 minutes for a solution. I'm glad I found this thread and to see Vodafone will be releasing a Software Update next week to fix this issue - I was very close to returning the phone.

I also noticed, as well as not being able to open the Security section of Settings, I am also unable to open the "VPN" section when I go into "More" at the top of the Settings app (it just returns me back to Settings home when I attempt to open it). I hope this is related or identical to the issue with being unable to open the Security section and will be fixed next week. Can a member of staff confirm this please?

Thanks.