Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Double Tap to Wake Inconsistent

mmee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The double tap function to wake my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 is inconsistent. It seems better when I do it over the home (o) symbol but I think it should be more responsive. Does anyone else have this issue? Can Vodafone do anything (push out an update) to remedy this/make it work every time?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

A long shot but could you soft reboot by turning the phone off and on which sometimes remedy glitches. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes probably should have tried that before posting! Have since tried and still fairly unresponsive except around the home button but even there it isn't 100%. Appreciate the response, perhaps Vodafone will remedy or someone else has a fix.

BandOfBrothers

Was just a thought. 

If the firmware is up to date then if this was my situation I would think about creating a back up to preserve the information in the phones storage memory and then perform a Factory Reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just wanted to let you know that did a factory reset and the problem is still persisting - double tap works 50% of the time I'd say and isn't overly sensitive i.e. I have to really let it know that I am double tapping! Anyway, I guess this is a hardware issue with my device...I guess I could send it back to the seller, unless someone else has any bright ideas? Bit of a hassle, might just try a different phone. Can't complain too much for the price.

hrym

I've always found that double-tapping needs to be fairly precise.  I haven't usd this particular phone, but I do have an HTC One M9, which will also wake on swipe, which you also have to get just right.   It's possible it's not a fault, but just something you have to get used to?

If you're passing a Vodafone shop, have a play with one of the display models and see if it's any different.

Thanks, I did try this a while back and found it a lot more responsive but I'll have another go and try them side by side. Yes might just be something I have to get used to, I've got better at it I think already!