cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Software Update?

macker15
3: Seeker
Hi, can you please tell us when this phone will be updated to android 5.1 or 5.1.1?
73 REPLIES 73

I agree... and bearing in mind that this phone has now been available in the UK for 4 weeks or so, and the fact that Vodafone have still not bothered to change the specified OS during that time, surely indicates their intention to release an upgrade to 5.1 sooner, rather than later... doesn't it? 

I really hope so, Montala, I really do!

macker15

Why is this product being mis sold? It does not have 5.1 out of the box.

Capture.JPG

Exactly, it's listed on the Vodafone store as running 5.1, but turns out it's not.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone.

Thanks you for bringing this to our attention.

I've fed this back.

We aren't able to provide information around software as posted above by @BandOfBrothers but we're looking into this :Smiling:

DaveCD

Xtr
Just got an update today on my ultra 6 firmware

Just done the updates, still running 5.0.2.

Same here, 40Mb update arroived last night, bux fixes and performance improvements, the notes said. Still 5.0.2, but it's It's definitely an improvement. I still don't think it's where it needs to be, but scrolling now is way, way smooter. Moving homescreens and scrolling web pages

used

t

tooo

oh

b

eeee

a stuttery horrible mess. They're not perfect with this update, but tolerable. I really do mean tolerable as a compliment. As in, I was considering returning the phone as the performance was so bad, but the performance is now good 99% of the time with only the occasional judder and stutter, it's certainly good enough for me to use day-to-day whilst we wait for the 5,1 update.

I hope that Vodafone will improve on the phone's language too. There are far too few languages available on the phone. Apart from that, Vodafone should provide Android M for this mobile phone when it is available. 

I'm quite impressed with the RAM availability which is over 40%. In addition to that, I am also happy that the Android OS is nearly stock and users can uninstall some of the bloatware. Keep up the good work.

"I'm quite impressed with the RAM availability which is over 40%."

For me it's over 50%. 1.1Gb of 2Gb RAM free. 

"In addition to that, I am also happy that the Android OS is nearly stock and users can uninstall some of the bloatware. Keep up the good work."

Absolutely 100% agreed.