cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Software Update?

macker15
3: Seeker
Hi, can you please tell us when this phone will be updated to android 5.1 or 5.1.1?
73 REPLIES 73

The last update tested and approved by Vodafone Portugal is the VDF-995NB01-PT_MR01b expected to be released shortly. We remind you that availability is the manufacturer's responsibility.

The latest update tested and approved by Vodafone Portugal is the VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (OS version 5.1). 

The availability of this is always the manufacturer's responsibility. 

Dear Valued Customer ZTE, Thank you for contacting ZTE. Regarding your inquiry, we would recommend That You'd better contact your network operator or dealer to consult. Because the android is updated based on the demand of your location network operator or dealer, Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. I leave here the manufacturer's response

VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a since this is the last approved version and ZTE is always saying that and vodafone should ask for this.

ZTE doesn't always bother to update its phones, so if you have one you may have to make do without Android Marshmallow, though the newer and higher profile it is the better your chances of getting the upcoming Android release.
from techRadar website.

Any news about update? What your country's Vodafone said?

My news:
"We are now contacting to relevant people for eta. on Vodafone Turkey forums."

umbrokhan:

It's a long shot but I'm looking out for Cyanogen OS for the ZTE Blade 6/6 plus to be transported over to the SU6 device. If not, I think I might just have to stick with the Vodafone firmware. After all, it is not too shabby though. I have around 35% available RAM for most of the time. Kudos to Vodafone.

umbrokhan
4: Newbie
VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (5.1 upgrade)
Mobile@zte.com.cn
5:20 PM (1 hour ago)
to me 

Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thanks for contacting ZTE.
As the information you shared, this device should be able to support Android 5.1 system, but specific system is still under test and haven't released officially yet, once it is being quality pass, ZTE will launch the system via FOTA upgrade, please allow us sometime

New SD card update available today on ZTE site here for Turkey:

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/58fdc373-46d0-4734-8e93-6fdc3ab090ba.html

And original UK SD card update to 5.0.2 here if you need to revert:

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/eccd1567-5b37-4f94-b0d9-8000363ff831.html

JB

gopher1369
JB you are the best. Installed, working perfectly, 5.1.1. Performance improved tremendously. This is the update we've been waiting for, finally enjoying using my phone.

Legfan2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Just installed, removed all the Voda Turkish bloat. Seems a lot smoother and best of all I can now watch Skygo.

Yarp, quite a lot of built in apps, all in Turkish! I could delete them all, except "Vodafone Update" and "Call and Message +", so I simply disabled those 2 instead.

Worth pointing out, this update does factory reset the phone. Although it only took 30 mins or so for "Backup and Restore" to automatically restore eerything back again (73 apps automatically restored).