cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Software Update?

macker15
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, can you please tell us when this phone will be updated to android 5.1 or 5.1.1?
73 REPLIES 73

ash_white
2: Seeker
Yeah. All good. Started again today.

owler

Since the software update last week my ringtone keeps muting.

I have to reboot the phone but only lasts a couple of days then mutes again.

Have checked all my settings. All look ok.

Any ideas??

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Have you tried completely powering off the handset and removing the battery for a few minutes.  Then powering it on again.  That may help.

If not, it could be an app causing the issue or the update.  Did you do a factory reset as part of your update?  This normally prevents any problems.

PWIAC

will vodafone Smart Ultra 6 get Marshmallow Android 6.0 update in the furture?

I'd give 95% that it won't, 4% that it will by the time there's Android 7.0 on the horizon and 1% that we'll get it within the next 3 months. Also Update to my positive response about the update, the battery life now sucks and barely lasts 12 hours after as charge.

jonbowes
The battery drain issue is due to some features of android 5.1 that have been seen affecting various handsets. A google search will reveal which features to disable. My VSU6 on 5.1.1 has been known to go two full days without recharging. Obviously this is very dependent on usage. You will know if your handset gets quite warm even when you aren't actively using it that you need to take some action. I am running the Turkish ROM on an unlocked VSU6.

james_ds
1: Seeker
Hi, I'm Italian and new in this forum. I'd like Vodafone releases an update in order to use HD voice in this phone while calling. Does anyone have some news? Would it be possible?

@james_ds - Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

We're always adding devices to the list that include HD Voice, as soon as yours is added you'll be able to enjoy crystal clear calls.

According to the Vodafone site the Smart Ultra 6 is compatable with HD voice.

Just remember that the other phone you call needs to be compatable as well and be on the Vodafone network (as far as I can tell)

james_ds
1: Seeker
In vodafone smart prime 6