cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Software Update?

macker15
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, can you please tell us when this phone will be updated to android 5.1 or 5.1.1?
73 REPLIES 73

Small 13mb update out today which fixes the Stagefright bug. 

Excellent news! I wish that Vodafone will continue to support this device. It will be good to see an update to Android M.

Don't forget to head off to Google Play store to download the Stagefright detector app and check whether the phone is still vulnerable to the exploit. This is because even after the 5.1.1 patch on my Nexus 9 with build number LMY48I,  the device is still vulnerable to CVE-2015-3864. I hope that Google will patch it soon.

I don't seem to of been prompted for this small 40mb update or does it install automaticaly? What software version is it?

lowrider007: 

It is still 5.0.2 but it you will have a different build number i.e: VDF-995NB01-UK_MR01b. I did not receive any prompts to install the new firmware. I update it manually.

Mine popped up automatically, as yours didn't check your settings:

Go into settings, scroll down to "about phone" at the bottom, then "software updates". Tap the little cog in the top right hand corner, then choose settings and make sure auto update is turned on (I have mine set to check weekly).

its a midrange phone with bargain price.

so i think it will get andriod 6.0 Marshmallow

Rado188
1: Seeker

Ahoj všichni, Nainstaloval jsem nový firmware VDF-995NB01-en-MR01d a nelze vypnout zahájit nahrávání zvuku videa. I nastavit tichý režim a poslouchat zvuk přes to. Vodafone Česká Může někdo vysvětlit, jak jste se to udělat znovu zkažený?

Děkuji.

Rado188:

If I am not mistaken, you are enquiring about the sound during video recording after updating the firmware on the Smart Ultra 6. I can confirm that I am experiencing the same problem too. There is no way in which I could disable the sound when taking a video despite switching off all tones. I remember there is a hack during the good old Nokia days that one could use to turn off the sound. There are some apps in the Google Store which might be useful but it comes with a price.

I think it is best for Vodafone to disable the sound in their next incremental update instead.

5.1 update is out for beta testing #allegedly. Has been for several weeks #allegedly. 

iainmann: 

It is good news. However, I'm just hoping that Vodafone will roll out Marshmellow when it is available for the Smart Ultra 6.