Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Unresponsive Touch Screen

slinkydonkey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello All

So I have a Vodafone Smart Ulitra 6 everything is ok with in apart from the screen is unresponsive

I recently done a factory restore on the phone which only helped app performance a little. 

So for example when im trying to txt someone I oftren have to press the the screen twice and the system seems to lag when im typing.

The screen almost feels too soft when compared to my old Google Neuxs 4 which I gave to my dad. 

Anyone else expereince this?

If it can't be fixed im likely to replace it.

The LCD screen and digitizer has just been replaced as it was cracked before however it was doing this before hand.

Cheers

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

You could also try clearing recent apps and app caches (the latter in Settings|Storage and USB).   The blockage is more likely to be in RAM than the main storage.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi

How much user storage memory is available on the phone ? I ask as phones can lag if it's getting full. 

If your software is up to date and a factory reset and or soft reset by turning it off and on is t helping and there is plenty of storage memory left then Id suggest sending it off via a Vodafone Highstreet store to have a diagnostic run on it. 

Vodafone applies a 24 month warranty. This does not cover issues caused by a drop or water damage.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It has 11.16GB Free and still lagging very strange yes ill take to the shop 

hrym

You could also try clearing recent apps and app caches (the latter in Settings|Storage and USB).   The blockage is more likely to be in RAM than the main storage.

hmm ok so I have cleared the cached and uninstalled some Vodafone SMS app and a few others like facebook seems to be running a bit better..

Just as a test I open up ColorNote and I can type and there is no lag..but when I delete it seems to go fast then slow 

Anyway thanks i'll keep any eye on it 

hrym
If that's done the trick, keep it in mind as you may need to do it periodically, it even regularly.

Think I spoke to soon, when im texting someone it's just painful the screen is so unresponsive often it won't recognise that I have touch a letter rubbish really. I'll have to replace it.. 

hrym

It sounds like a resource issue.   You could try another reset and then run the device vanilla (ie with no additional apps) for a bit.   If it's stable, add your apps one at a time until the problem recurs and you've found the culprit.   Have a look at that app's settings and see if there's any background activity you can shut down.

Also, as a matter of interest, does clearing recent apps and caches again improve the situation?  That would confirm my theory.