Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Youtube playback

BigD18t
4: Newbie

Hi.

Love the phone so far, no issues except Youtube will not play back any videos that are 60fps and will only allow them to be watched in a maximum of 480p. 

Tried unistalling/installing the app, it's fully up to date,seems like it's a phone issue.

Can this be looked into ?? with a great screen it's daft for it to not work.

Dave.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Welcome to the eForum.

Some phones do have limitations to some of their features.

Do all videos from YouTube and elsewhere playback under the same ratio ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Normal 1080p/720p videos play back fine, But with the rise in 60fps videos, and a spec that should be fine to play it back, it seems odd that it can't.

My last phone, the Lumia830 had a lower spec Qualcomm 400 quad core, where as this is a 615 octa core, 64bit 60fps play back should be fine. 

BandOfBrothers
Hi,

It may well be a limitation of that phone model but If this was my situation I'd visit my local Vodafone High Street Store and try out a working demo model to see if theirs produces the same playback, and speak to the in-store staff.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
I'll be honest, this may be a red herring because I'm clueless with how the YouTube app runs on the back end, but worst case scenario it won't fix it and it's something you still should do anyway for other apps. :Smiling: Check your Webview is up to date https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&hl=en_GB and update it if not, then clear cache/data from the YouTube app and re load it.

Tried this, unfortunatly it did not help, I have downloaded a different youtube app called Mytube which will take the videos in 1080p60 upto 720p so at least it's semi HD quality. 

I have this problem too, it used to play youtube videos before and suddenly it has stopped after the last update.