Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - no message plus settings icon

tonygloveruk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just got my Vodafoner Smart Ultra 6 - a good phone. However I have been using Call+/Message+ and I notice there is no settings icon in either app. According to what I can find on the web there defintiely should be a settings icon but I can categorically state neither app has one. Am I missing something? 

The phone is running Android v5.0.2 (lollipop) build version VDF-995NB01-UK03c and is not rooted. 

Any ideas/suggestions welcomed. I think these apps were pre-loaded onto the device as well so can't be 'uninstalled' and 're-installed' I have disbled both, removed the updates and then enabled and updated but still there are no settings icons in either app.

Thx T 

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

The faq's are here.  Does any of that help?   On thing did occur to me: do you get three dots at the bottom of the screen on the right (next to the navigation keys)?  If so, try long pressing that.   I seem to remember having an LG for a while where the in-app menus sometimes appeared there.

I'm afraid not, there is no 3 dot icon anywhere on either app...in fact the orony is one FAQ says this

'If you have further questions about Vodafone Message+ you can use our integrated contact form. You can find the contact form inside the Vodafone Message+ settings. Access the settings by clicking on the menu icon in the top right corner and go to Settings -> Help -> Contact us. You can use the contact form to request assistance for using Vodafone Message+ or if you want to submit feedback.'

which of course isn't possible because there's no icon there to select! Thanks anyway

hrym

Well, that's just plain weird.  I'm not sure how much expertise there is here relating to this so my only other suggestion would be to drop into a Vodafone shop and see if they have any suggestions.  Oh, and I presume you do have Message+ set as the default message app, if that makes any difference?

Yes already checked that. I have an Xperia Z3 and it's fine on that, in fact  a very good couple of apps, but it's just not right on the Smart Ultra 6. I've gone back to the default Google messenger and Call apps for the time being. 

Thx Tony

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tonygloveruk

I'd recommend backing up and factory resetting the phone to see if this resolves the issue.