Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 update to Marshmallow - app problems

blackshuck
4: Newbie
Updated the o.s. on my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 from Lollypop to Marshmallow this morning .
Several apps .including eBay and BBC weather dissapeared - l reinstalled them , but now they won't work - get message saying they have stopped .
They worked fine before the o.s. upgrade .
Anyone else getting this problem ?
68 REPLIES 68

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@davroa 

Please try the suggestions from@63johnw and @BandOfBrothers

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

@ddavidu

If you're still experiencing issues with the headphone socket and would like to get it fixed, you can take your device into store for repair. Our Repairs team will be happy to look into this for you.

The headphone problem seems to have occurred with other models of phones when being upgraded.  

I tested this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix and it does  send the sound to the headphone port, and then it does work with headphones my phone was ignoring.  The sound may be a little quiet, I'm not sure as I don't usually use wired headphones, so I don't know what they sounded like before hte upgrade.

It's not ideal, as you have to manually change it to direct the sound to the inbuilt speakers or bluetooth, but might be a workaround for those that can't listen to their music/podcasts the way they like until a better fix comes along.

Hopefully Vodafone wil cover the cost of this paid app until they fix the problem they created.......VODAFONE - any updates - have you replicated the bug? What have you done? Or are you just going to bore us out and do nothing and hope we go away which is their normal strategy in such cases - perhaps a "were working on it and will let you know" approach as usual i.e. dont call us we (wont) call you!

Wow, you people are babies.

1. It's a free app.  There are some features only available in the Pro version, but the only one that might affect people here is the Text-to-speech.  All the other pro features are bluetooth/hdmi/smart headphones.http://soundabout.userboard.net/t561-feature-list
  2. A stranger offers a solution, and you launch another attack on vodafone, but don't trouble yourself with clicking the thanks button.
  3. Have you never owned a piece of technology before? Every upgrade to a new major version (ie android 5->6) has problems.  There are always bugs that are not discovered in testing.  If you are sensitive to those bugs, let others upgrade first, and wait to see what those bugs are and decide if you can live with them.  I did that, and I am happy because I can live with the bugs that others have reported.
  4. Vodafone has shown positive action by releasing this upgrade.  I'd expect a fix to these problems to come along as soon as possible.
  5. It's a £100 phone, for <deleted>'s sake.  Exactly how much do you expect for that?  I found that my BT headset didn't work exactly the way I hoped with the phone (a definite bug) but I was happy enough that I saved £300 over the equivalent Samsung to be ok with that.  And very happy when I found an .89p workaround for that bug.

I number of people have mentioned the app before - thank you to them - sorry I didnt click thanks on thjis one

I tried it but a messgage said it was only free for a few days to help you decide i you want it or not - then you have to pay - I apologise if i got this wrong. Can someone advise please. The poster also said there may be an issue with volume on the app?

I consider the aux issue to be a major and unacceptable fault and it should not exist. I am currently ussing my Nokia N95 to connect to the stereo - if that can manage it a modern phone should - plus how about people who need to connect to incar hands free.

Vodafone got the software right before on the first version but when they introduce a number of bugs with a software update I consider it unacceptable. This  is the most major one. I expect things to be right and that I can power my stereo off my phone as I have sonce my P910i!

I do not appreciatre being called a baby - please keep it polite and your insults to yourself. I have owned smartphones for years but this is the biggest bug introduced yet in my experience. £100 phone or not it should get the basics such as this right.

I had experience along with a number of people with data freezing issues on a Galaxy S2 and Vodafone were hopeless at resolving this - we never got a fix. Thus I am keen to keep some pressure on with them to avoid a repeat where it was a constant "we are looking at this" but no resolution.

"I apologise if i got this wrong. Can someone advise please."

You are wrong.  See my post above.

Or ask the poster whom you think is worth of your thanks (but I notice you didn't thank them either)

ddavidu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
The problem isn't the headphone socket, its the update that has caused a problem with jacks with only 2 rings. Many others with the Ultra Smart 6 are having this problem.

Definately the problem is with the update not the phone. Before this I could connect my phone to my stereo with an aux cable. Now the phone does not recognise a cable has been attached but it is fine with headphones. Many other people are reporting this issue including on Vodafone NZ and IE. Fix please!!!! None of your factory reset/take it to a shop to be fixed rubbish thank you!!! 

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ddavidu

As the software issue is concerned with a Vodafone phone, our Repairs team will be happy to look into this for you.

@ajpd

If you don't wish to send your phone off for repair, please await any software updates which may fix this. 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@ddavidu wrote:
The problem isn't the headphone socket, its the update that has caused a problem with jacks with only 2 rings. Many others with the Ultra Smart 6 are having this problem.

I've seen reports of this happening with other makes too.  It looks as though it may be something to do with the Android core.   Possibly a security thing?