Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 update to Marshmallow - app problems

blackshuck
4: Newbie
Updated the o.s. on my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 from Lollypop to Marshmallow this morning .
Several apps .including eBay and BBC weather dissapeared - l reinstalled them , but now they won't work - get message saying they have stopped .
They worked fine before the o.s. upgrade .
Anyone else getting this problem ?
68 REPLIES 68

So what's the consensus?  Is it worth the upgrade or should I wait?

Finger is itching over the install button :Winking_smiley:

ajpd
It runs a bit quicker although that may be due to the factory reset I had to do.
But the update has bugs that the old one didn't

Headphones socket not working used as an aux
Music player loses Bass setting set
For the last week of the month the silent until next alarm option has gone
When switching flight mode off, WiFi is not turned back on - it's on 4g. You have to switch WiFi back on.

Disappointed re all the bugs.

Security better though under new software

Stock1well
2: Seeker
Hi. Thank you for the reply. My handset is Vodafone smart ultra 6. I don't remember if the option was there on 5.1.1. I remember the hotspot it was always on. I have another mobile running mm 6 and on the WiFi hotspot tab there is the timeout option. The options are: never, 1minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes. Hope that helps.

TheodorosNik
1: Seeker
Hello.

I have a Vodafone smart ultra 6. I am very pleased with it but I have a few problems with the update to marshmallow.

I must mention that after the update I performed a hard reset on the phone and the memory card.

Before the update with normal usage I had about 5 to 6 hours screen on time but now the battery is drained really fast. With average usage I can hardly reach 3 hours screen on time. I am using the exact applications as before and the same screen brightness.

I also have a problem with the ambient light setting. Before the update it performed better.

The last one is that when I call someone and he answers the phone the vibration doesn't work although I have enabled this setting.

Do I have a choice to roll back to android 5? I am not satisfied with this version mainly for the battery problem.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Stock1well - Thanks for getting back to us.

I’ve passed this information over to our Technical team and we’ll be in touch as soon as we have any further info.

@TheodorosNik - There isn’t a way to roll this back to the previous version, however as above, this is being investigated and we’ll update everyone as soon as we can.

Hi,

Thread title includes 'app problems' but I see other Marshmallow upgrade issues so can I add mine here?  

After upgrading my Smart Ultra 6 from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 it reports that the Micro SD Card is corrupt.  The only thing it will let me do it set it up again, i.e. it asks me if I want to format it, which I'd prefer to avoid.  I took the card out and can read it fine on my Mac, so there's nothing wrong with the card.  Anyone else had this?  

I tried the steps here but didn't fix the issue.  http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-3063631/fix-card-read-error-upgrading-android-marshmallow.html

Thanks,

Jon

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jonmad

Have you done a factory reset on the phone, since the issue started?

If not, please try it and let us know how you get on please. 

Thanks, 

ddavidu
To work round my problem I brought a USB Bluetooth stick and put it in my car stereo USB slot. Works fantastic and only cost me £4 on Amazon.

ajpd
I appreciate your help. But I didn't thank as I was aware of the app already but when I'd tried it it gave the impression it was a trial so I will give it another go.

However I consider that the issue still needs to be fixed properly and disagree that this is acceptable due to the price of the phone. I expect a proper fix not work arounds.

I stand by my criticism of Vodafone for the bugs that they have introduced and comments on this and other forums suggest others do to. Some want a roll back. I did say that speed and security are improved.

I was particularly annoyed to be given the stock do a factory reset reply - which I did- to no effect other than to waste my time while I had to reinstall all the apps settings and layouts etc I had. I also had to put all my media back on the device (although some podcasts were permanently lost).

I do not think it unreasonable for Vodafone to give us an update on this issue now and as I said past experience suggests they need to be chased on this.

Regards AJPD

Gracious response. Thanks.

Absolutely Vodafone should fix it.

As for soundabout, the message that pops up is that Pro features cost money, but they will give you a free taste.  As far as I can tell from the list of pro features, none of them are required to make simple headphones/speakers work.

Also, there seems to be a widget included that lets you change from wired headphone to inbuilt speaker.  That would probably be essential to make it usable.