You are here:

Other manufacturers & OS discussion

Ask a question:
Solutions: 392

Re: Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 update to Marshmallow - app problems

If an app suddenly misbehaves, you can sometimes get it to work by going into Settings|Apps and clearing the cache and data, then force-stopping it.  Note that clearing data will mean you have to log in again and you'll also lose any settings and saved data.

Message 21 of 62 (3,453 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

Really redvup to report that the problem has not been solved by a factory reset. It took age s but still the bug when using the headphone socket with the aux cable persists . Can people confirm factory reset solved THIS problem. Other new bugs have also appeared with this update very disappointed
Message 22 of 62 (3,150 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

A Factory reset didn't solve the problem for me either. I also asked in store and of course they weren't aware of the problem and couldn't fix
Message 23 of 62 (3,136 Views)
Topics: 158
Solutions: 185

@ddavidu

Did the store suggest a repair?

Message 24 of 62 (3,036 Views)

No, they also recognized it was an update problem. Still waiting for Vodafone to admit there is a problem and advise when the fix will happen
Message 25 of 62 (3,032 Views)

Going to buy a new phone today. Fed up with this. Play music now refuses to retain downloaded music so spends hours downloading it just to delete it again for no reason. Also some equalizer settings keep getting lost. And there is also a problem with loss of the silent until next alarm option. This is a fault with early version of marshmallow which Vodafone have stupidly chosen to base this update on. Along with the aux out issue a bug free device is now a disaster and I have hours resetting it etc. Fed up. Thanks Vodafone
Message 26 of 62 (3,027 Views)

I got an aux. cable yesterday - 3.5 mm jack to 2x phono jacks
and tried it with my TV aux phono sockets .
Phone doesn't recognise cable on its own , but does as soon as its plugged into TV - works fine .
Guess phone only recognises when its plugged into a device e.g. headphones ; TV ; laptop etc - it doesn't recognise the lead on its own .
Message 27 of 62 (2,651 Views)

I have exactly this arrangement into my stereo and TV but even if plugged in, the phone does not recognise it. I wonder if it depends in the resistance in the circuit or if it's to do with the plug type too - is yours 3 or 4 core? What I do know is this worked perfectly before the update.
Message 28 of 62 (2,644 Views)

Look at the rings on the jack. 3 rings which are standard on headphones due to the mic is fine. 2 rings that connect to another device, audio only, aren't recognized after the update so sound continues to be played out of the phones speaker.
Message 29 of 62 (2,639 Views)

Jack plug on my phono. cable has 3 metal sections separated by two insulating rings - same as on my headphones .
Message 30 of 62 (2,624 Views)

Hi.I'm having problem with the hotspot timeout. There is no option to choose how long you want the hotspot timeout be on. After 10min. its turn off automatically. Can you help me, please?
Message 31 of 62 (2,575 Views)
Topics: 1
Solutions: 7

Hi everyone, 

We've passed the information about the issues you're all facing over to our Technical team who are looking into this.

As soon as we receive any update from them, we'll update this thread.

Message 32 of 62 (2,420 Views)

Thank you but do keep chasing them please. Don't want to let this drift
Message 33 of 62 (2,418 Views)

New marshmallow bug. When switching flight mode off, WiFi does not always switch back on even though it was on before. Beware your 4G bills - you sometimes have to manually switch it back on again
Message 34 of 62 (2,251 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

[ Edited ]

So what's the consensus?  Is it worth the upgrade or should I wait?

Finger is itching over the install button Smiley Wink

Message 35 of 62 (1,988 Views)

It runs a bit quicker although that may be due to the factory reset I had to do.
But the update has bugs that the old one didn't

Headphones socket not working used as an aux
Music player loses Bass setting set
For the last week of the month the silent until next alarm option has gone
When switching flight mode off, WiFi is not turned back on - it's on 4g. You have to switch WiFi back on.

Disappointed re all the bugs.

Security better though under new software
Message 36 of 62 (1,982 Views)
Topics: 1
Solutions: 7

@Stock1well The Technical team have asked if you could please confirm the following troubleshooting questions:

- Can you confirm the handset you're using?
- Was the option to to choose this there before the update?

Can anyone else in this thread confirm if you're also having the same issue with the hotspot timeout please?

With regards to the headphone jack issue, we're still investigating this and will update you all as soon as we can.

Message 37 of 62 (1,930 Views)

Hi. Thank you for the reply. My handset is Vodafone smart ultra 6. I don't remember if the option was there on 5.1.1. I remember the hotspot it was always on. I have another mobile running mm 6 and on the WiFi hotspot tab there is the timeout option. The options are: never, 1minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes. Hope that helps.
Message 38 of 62 (1,840 Views)

Hello.

I have a Vodafone smart ultra 6. I am very pleased with it but I have a few problems with the update to marshmallow.

I must mention that after the update I performed a hard reset on the phone and the memory card.

Before the update with normal usage I had about 5 to 6 hours screen on time but now the battery is drained really fast. With average usage I can hardly reach 3 hours screen on time. I am using the exact applications as before and the same screen brightness.

I also have a problem with the ambient light setting. Before the update it performed better.

The last one is that when I call someone and he answers the phone the vibration doesn't work although I have enabled this setting.

Do I have a choice to roll back to android 5? I am not satisfied with this version mainly for the battery problem.
Message 39 of 62 (1,811 Views)
Topics: 562
Solutions: 642

[ Edited ]

@Stock1well - Thanks for getting back to us.

I’ve passed this information over to our Technical team and we’ll be in touch as soon as we have any further info.

@TheodorosNik - There isn’t a way to roll this back to the previous version, however as above, this is being investigated and we’ll update everyone as soon as we can.

Message 40 of 62 (1,552 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up