cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 wont connect to Windows 7 Computer (solved)

Stuart01
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Mr new Vodafone phone wouldnt connect to my windows 7computer, it tried to load drivers and the sign came up saying that my phone was in USB debugging mode and because the drivess had failed, i thought that might be the issue, so had to go into the developer mode settings on my phone and disable that setting..however it would still not recognise the phone.

so i contacted Customer services by using the Chat now system instant messanger on the vodafone website and even though they tried to be helpfull they did not know how to resolve the issue, so put me onto system support who just kept telling me to make sure i had the latest USB drivers and that would sort out the problem..i have the latest drivers..that is not he issue.

in the end having no success system support i went onto the internet and after quite abit of searching found out the following information which completely resolved the issues for me so i wanted to shatre it with vodfafone community because im sure I wont be the only owner of this phone who will be having these issues:

If you just want to access your file system then you will need to enable the MTP setting in Settings / Storage. Click on the three dots in the top right to bring up the USB settings and enable MTP.

I hope this is helpfull to other new owners of this phone and i cant for the life of me figure out why it would not be enabled in the first place, if you plan on transferring files between phone and computer or want up load and download Music it has to be enable and as standard on my phone at least it was not and presonally i would never have even known of its existance had I not found out the information above:smileyhappy:

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. 

I'm sure this will help a person creating a search looking for this type of information. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It would be most helpful if this setting was set to on by default...

And also if it retained its setting after rebooting, which currently switches it off again...

I agree with you..... why isnt it switched on by default ????

i cant imagine why any user would not need to connect their smartphone to a computer to add music etc

and also why wouldnt vodafone technical support know this and advise me to do it as amatter of course ?

blackshuck
4: Newbie

Many thanks for this - I had the same experience as you and after several days of banging my head against the wall , was getting ready to throw both my laptop and phone out the window ! Nice one .

Glad i could help.... because i know how frustrating it was for me...I simply dont understand why it isnt ticked as standard... as it has been on every other phone i have had..apart from that it is an excellent phone:smileyhappy:

Thanks from me as well. I was trying out the Helium backup app and it said to connect by allowing USB in the Developer options section, no mention of Storage. Anyway, got there in the end!

It's worth keeping notes of stuff like this so you can refer back to them.

Glad i could be of assistance

loades
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I think that MTP is now enabled by default.

I purchased a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 a couple of days ago and my PC immediately saw the 'phone and files could be transfered.  My wife saw this and then asked me to download some 'photos from her 'phone.  I plugged her Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 (bought 6 months ago) into the PC which then didn't see it.  Hence my googling the problem and ending up here and now her's is working as a USB device.