Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

iainmann
9: Established

I've just got this phone and am very happy with it....exdept....the Facebook app crashes every time I try to post a reply to a Timeline post. 

Anyone with the same problem....or a solution?  I've tried reinstalling the app and clearing cache etc. 

10 REPLIES 10

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You'd be best off contacting the Facebook and asking them that question.... TBH the Facebook apps seems to be really glitchy of late. I had to completely remove it and reinstall it earlier as it just wouldn't update. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I did have issues with the Facebook App on my iPhone 6 Plus also.

It's somewhat of a resource hog.

I now use the 'Paper' App which is an American Facebook App .

Usually deleting the App and clearing the history on the phone helps. Turn the phone off and on to refresh it.

Re installing usually helps as your getting the most up to date version.

Normally glitches like these seem to iron themselves out.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tried all that...and clearing partition cache...with no joy. I was just wondering if there's some else here with the same phone and how the Facebook app works on theirs. Some reviews of this phone say app crashing is a problem,

Or perhaps if there's a helpful Voda rep here and they can lay their hands on one of their own-brand phones....they could see how it works for them.

drey_p

I'm afraid that this is now a customer to customer support forum!

I would honestly blame the Facebook app as it is just so glitchy and doesn't work properly on various different handsets. 

PWIAC

iainmann
Customer to customer??? Wow...how things change! Thanks for your help...I've reported it to Facebook.

drey_p

Yeah - it is a recent change, it happened around the beginning of the month.

Just a thought, did Facebook come preloaded on the device?  If so, it may be worth uninstalling any updates to it, just in case it is the latest version that is behaving badly.

PWIAC

iainmann
It was preloaded but it wasn't baked in so I uninstalled and reinstalled from the store. Stil broken :Sad_face:

drey_p

Drat - I was hoping you'd be able to roll back a version. I take it the previous version worked okay?

It may be a case of simply waiting for an update to come out and seeing if that resolves your issues.

PWIAC

iainmann
Well, a couple of hours after I detailed the problem to Facebook, the app updated and problem solved!
I'd like to think they got my message and reacted to it quickly, although I know that's not true! :Smiling:
Anyway...thanks for your help here guys.
BTW I can thoroughly recommend this Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 I've got that's just out. Made by ZTE and amazing specs and value for £125.