Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Ultra 6 LED pulsed notification not working

currybum
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi There - loving my ULTRA 6, but i can't get the notification LED to flash for missed calls, SMS, email etc.  I've checked all settings and carried out a factory reboot.  I'm using the Textra APP, which is set to flash the LED.  I've tried everything I can think of.  I can see on the Voda Ireland forum that others are having the same issue.  Any suggestions welcome please.

Note: The LED works ok for charging etc, so doesnt appear to be hardware related, more software. 

14 REPLIES 14

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@currybum -  Welcome to the eForum.

You’ll need to make sure that the phone is updated with the newest version of Firmware for the device.

Try turning the feature off and then back on again as this should allow the function to work.

When you do try and use it, does it give any form of error messages or does it just not work?

Although you’ve stated that this is working when charging, but is only when using this one app you’re having the issue?

Hi Laura,

My firmware is up to date and shows VDF-995NB01-UK03c.

I have tried disabling - rebooting, then re-enabling to no avail.

There is no error message, but the notification doesnt work for anything i.e. missed calls, SMS or Whatsapp.  I can see some users on the Voda Ireland site are having the same issue.

Any further advice would be welcome!

Cheers, Currybum

Just to say have the same issue, would appreciate a fix, as currybun says, seems to be a common issue. It must be something simple. 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@currybum & @ezman

I'd recommend a full factory reset, this will wipe the phone clean.

Be sure to back it up first so that you don't loose your information. 

You can find steps on how to do this in our help centre.

Thanks Sukhi,

I have already tried that, and others who have reported the issue have tried it with no success I am afraid.

Please can you liaise with your service partners and determine another possible fix? It doesn't appear to be a hardware issue as the lights are operational.

Thanks!

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi, I dont have that phone but are you sure its a feature that is supposed to work? I have had android phones for years and not all have had the LED flash for notifications?

This phone does have notifications but uses the 'software' buttons at the bottom of the phone's screen.

Yes the phone does have a notification led which is the circle, If you check in Setting's, about phone, and software update there is a new 45mb stability update which may solve your issue. 

Mine has worked from day one so can't comment if it does or not. 

Thanks - I saw that come through and was hoping that would fix it but it hasn;t had any effect unfortunately.