Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Ultra Smart 6 move to SD card reboot problem

rio600
1: Seeker

Hi. I've just recently got a Smart Ultra 6 and purchased a SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC card to go with it. I bought the card direct from Amazon UK and put it into my phone where it appears just fine in the storage. I've copied a movie file onto it which plays fine. My Spotify app uses it to store and play back my downloaded music with no issues. I can access and read/write to it in Windows with no problems. I have nothing to believe which makes me think the card is faulty in anyway.

Unforfunately, when I attempt to make use of the 'MOVE TO SD CARD' option in Settings/Apps for the apps that allow it my phone reboots itself after a few seconds of trying! I've tried it many times but it's never worked and 99% of the time it just reboots my phone. I've also tried using the option to install an app direct to the SD card in the Amazon Underground app store but again the phone just reboots itself after a few seconds of trying to install the app.

Searching the web does bring up examples of this issue on other phones running on various versions of Android but none really give a definite answer as to why it's happening or the best way to resolve it.

There is also one other curious thing about this problem. When the phone reboots itself and comes back on I get a thin flashing line appear at the very top of the display which stretches about half way accross the screen. Pressing the power button to turn off the display and then again to turn it on makes the line disappear. I do not see this line appear when rebooting or turning the phone on under normal circumstances.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a workaround? I'd really like to get this feature working so I can move the larger apps data to the SD card and free up more internal storage.

I'm on Android 5.0.2 Kernel 3.10.49 if that helps anyone.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Unless there's a specific flaw in the version of Android you're running, my first thought was that this might be a resource issue.   The first thing to try would be to clear recent apps and give it another go.  If that doesn't work, try formatting the card in the device itself.   And, if that fails, the next step would be a factory reset (which is a pain, but...).   Before you do that, make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd and any content on the phone itself is backed up.  I'd also remove the sd card as some reset processes wipe it if it's part of system storage - ie the default for (say) camera storage.

I have moved apps to sd cards, but not recently and not with Lollipop.

Edited to add: I've just had another thought.   If you can install from the Amazon app store, does that mean you have "allow installation from any source" set in Settings?   If so, try unsetting it (ie you can only install from Google Play) and see what happens.  It's a long shot, but there might be a conflicting security setting getting in on the act.

revange
1: Seeker
Hello, did anything help? I have same problem. When trying to move apps to SD via settings/apps, phone during the proces reboots and all previous apps moved succsessfully are mising-uninstalled 😞

Retired-Beau
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@revange

Welcome to the eForum.

Please try the steps @hrym provided.

thank you for welcome :Smiling:

tried nearly everything - formated card (PC,phone), put new one, factory reset, wipe cache/data, un/check "any sources"...

Nothing worked. So i asked VF to reinstall software and will see if it helps