Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Voicemail - Extending Ring Duration Before Goes To Voicemail

stapletonp2
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

How can I increase the length of time my phone rings before diverting to voicemail. Is this something I need to contact CS about or is there a setting on my phone, I've looked but can't find anything. Many thanks
9 REPLIES 9

channonc
4: Newbie
Hi Royals_with_cheese :D

You can indeed do it yourself easily , I found this helpful link in the Help centre: How do I change how long my phone rings before the call goes to Voicemail?

The time can be altered in 5 second steps and be set between 5 and 30 seconds long - so you can use 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 seconds.

* Enter * * 61 * 121 *
* then enter time between 5 -> 30
* then # send.

For example **61*121*25# SEND would set it at 25 seconds.

You can also change the ring duration from the menu function on some phones but not all phones and devices have this capability.

** Please note that this is only available to Contract / Pay monthly customers only and it is not possible to do this action on Pay As You Go

If their is anything else you need , Feel free to post back!

PICNIC ^_^
Hello World!

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Royals_with_cheese and welcome to the eForum :)

I'm really pleased to see that PICNIC has answered your question there. Thanks again PICNIC :)

I really can't see anything I need to add to it either. So, if you have any more questions just give us a shout and we'll be more than happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I have a samsung GT-E2550 and this code does not work with mine. The answer is no reply and I am given a telephone number for voice calls.  Have you any suggestions?

Thanks Charlotte

Hi charlisco,

The number has changed recently after the system was updated.

You now need to dial **61* then the phone number (in international format + 44 ...) # send.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

what phone number? my phone number?

petertwin90
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The code I was given was **61*121*11*30#

The 30 is how many seconds it will ring for before going to voicemail.

This number can change in denominations of 5, 5,10,15,20, 25 or 30seconds before going to voicemail.

@petertwin90 wrote:

The code I was given was **61*121*11*30#

The 30 is how many seconds it will ring for before going to voicemail.

This number can change in denominations of 5, 5,10,15,20, 25 or 30seconds before going to voicemail.

This worked for me and my wifes android devices.

Thanks

i can tear a phone book in half with 1 hand

This worked for me too on my Pay-As-You-Go phone, despite some people saying it works only on a Contract phone.  It is independent of your phone operating system (Windows, Android, etc., etc.) as you are configuring things on your network provider's computer system, which is essentially what a "mobile telephone exchange" is nowadays.

Incidentally Vodafone's way of doing this is far simpler than that of Virgin Mobile, which involves keying in a very long code which includes your voicemail telephone number.

Thanks, that's done the trick on my iPhone.