Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone non contract pager.

EyeCloud
4: Newbie

I have a Vodafone non-contract pager and can send SMS to it from a Vodafone mobile (PAYG or Contract) but not from other mobile networks. Is that correct?

SMS sent from a Vodafone contract mobile come out of it's included text allowance when sending to the Vodafone non-contract pager - but sending from a Vodafone PAYG mobile costs 12p per message (even if I have a text messaging pack for say 500 SMS messages). Is that correct or should it be taking them out of the pack credits?

Thanks...

21 REPLIES 21

The funny thing here is that when asda mobile used Vodafone you could send SMS text to the pagers and it came out of allowance on payg. Unfortunately they use ee now. 

Talkmobile still do cheaper Sim only deals than Voda direct and these send txt to Voda non contract (zap) pagers. I use an old android on talkmobile with a txt divert app installed so any network can text this and it then diverts it through to the pager. 

theheed1974
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Bit of an old thread but I'll answer it. Vodafone zap or CCP pagers will except SMS from any Vodafone SIM or service which uses Vodafone ie. Talkmobile. On contact i have never been charged for sending a text but with my payg phones it will charge me 12p regardless of any SMS bungles . 

Unfortunately Vodafone paging is finishing service later this year leaving only pageone. These will still supply CCP pager ( i have just purchased one from them) but they have no SMS option and it cost £1 ish to call and leave a message. Rip off .