Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone smart Ultra 6 won't turn on

jblessing
2: Seeker

I have just updated my Smart Ultra 6 with today's OTA update and now it won't switch on. It is plugged into the charger. Screen completely black.  My wife's Ultra 6 also did the update and it is fine.

I have tried holding down the power button, no response.

As there is no way to pull the battery does anyone have any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jblessing

I am glad to say I have just looked at it again and it is now working. I have no idea why.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

one of those anomalies 😉

May have still been updating. 

Glad your up and running again. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Updates take a long time and the device has several periods of playing apparently dead during the process.  I've done it a few times and still find it scary.   Glad you're sorted, though.

I would like to point out that I had a problem with the mobile phone too. I had to press the on/off button for more than 30 seconds before the phone rebooted. The phone was "frozen" and the screen was white in colour when I press and hold on to the on/off button. FIngers crossed as it only happened once so far.

My advice is to remain calm and do not panic if your Smart Ultra 6 does not respond. 

hrym

I've occasionally had to force a restart on devices and long-pressing the power button is the way to do it.  It's a bit like forcing a shutdown on a pc.

hrym

I've had a few update panics, including an HTC One that sat on the splash screen for so long I started trying to reset it!  It's a scary process as the device will do a good impression of playing dead at several of the stages.

When I do updates I always:

Clear recent apps

Do a restart

(the idea being to free up as much of the device's resources as pssible)

Plug it in

(updating takes quie a long time and the last thing you want it a flat battery mid-way)

jovik
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Your so right dont panic thanks for the tip
Joe

Poolshark
1: Seeker
Happened to my phone couldn't turn it off so I held down the power button must have been 45 seconds or more before it turned off seems to happen when it updates