Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone smart prime 6 issues

THEBEATITUDES9
3: Seeker

Hi I've seen threads on this already but when o click on the lonk that people used to resolve the issue it says the page has expired.

The issues i'm having are just two small things which affect the functionality and efficiency of the phone:

1) I cant delete apps, everytime I attempt to delete an app it reboots the phone, is it at all fixable??

2) can't access the security options therefore I can't set a password etc to stop other people getting into my phone, every time I got on settings and click the security button it takes me to the home page, again, is there a way to fix this?

If these things can be fixed then can someone please let me know ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, it's normally in settings, about phone, software update. (On most androids anyways)

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Which Apps are you trying to delete. I ask as Some apps that come baked into the firmware cannot be deleted. 

Regrading Security. 

Try turning the phone off and on to soft reset it and try again. 

In the manual here you should be able to set up smart lock. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi, there was a problem a few weeks back which resulted in a firmware update.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-OS/Vodafone-Smart-Prime-6-Settings-gt-Security-o...

Check for a firmware update in your settings and if there install it and hopefully that should sort it.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Yes, someone recently reported the same problem, then found that the required update came through as a system update. See post #5 of this thread.

Annie.

THEBEATITUDES9
Band of brothers,

I'm trying to delete just regular old apps from the app store, not ones that came with the phone but ones which I downloaded myself.

How do I soft reset it?

63johnw,

I clicked on the link and the links within that link are all not working.

63johnw/Annie,

Where do i check for a firmware update within settings? I've looked and I can't find anything?

Thanks for your suggestions so far, hope we can get to the bottom of this and have my phone working efficiently

63johnw
Hi, it's normally in settings, about phone, software update. (On most androids anyways)

63johnw
Hi again, the links seem to have been archived as the problem was solved and no one else had reported the issue, they were just links to Vodafone statements, one saying there was an issue and another saying a patch had been released, there were no actual links to anything else, just the statements.

THEBEATITUDES9
Ah thats where the update is, i guess i didnt look hard enough. Thank you John, you fixed my problem! I can now uninstall apps and access the security settings.

63johnw
Great, glad you are sorted.

mcjv2016
1: Seeker

Hi guys ran into a problem im hoping someone can help me with, my vf smart prime 6 says there is an update but it will not let me download it, im hoping it is an update to 5.1.1 so i can use sd storage the smart speed 6 got this update why not on the more expensive version. i loved this phone for the price but im starting to understand why its so cheap this is my 2nd one aswell. Can anyone shed some light as to what the update is why it doesn't work and will anything be done now the smart prime 7 is out? Thanks for any replies.