Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone smart speed 6 text message notifications

kay47
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a vodafone smart speed 6. I'm having trouble with text message notifications, as in it doesn't always notify me of messages. It's not that I've changed the preferences for certain contacts, as it only does it sometimes. When I go into my messages, it looks like I've read them, ie, they're not in bold. I took it back to the shop after a week, to be told it's a software problem, not a handset problem, and I'd just have to wait for a software update.

Anyone else had this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi 

I'm not sure then if your settings are as they should be and the Vodafone staff have said its software related. 

I assume your on the latest firmware out. 

Sometimes when a phone is glitching particularly its recommended to perform a back up and perform a factory reset. 

The User Manual may help too. 

User Manual.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @kay47

Unless you have have already enabled your message notifications, you need to go into your message settings and tick the box for notifications, display new message notifications.

Try unticking the box, turn the phone off and on and tick the box again.

Thank you for your replies. Yesterday I received a message, randomly, via Vodafone message+, even though I'm not using it. I'm wondering if that has been 'reading' my text messages, therefore I'm not being notified? I've now switched to it as my default message app, so will see if that makes a difference! I've had one text today, and that was fine through message+.