cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone Smart Ultra 6 screen landscape in portrait mode and cant turn off?

snaidu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I was on the youtube app, my video froze so i locked my phone, went to unlock it and the picture was landscape in portrait. I cannot use my screen and when i hold the power button for more than 10 seconds it still does not turn off, any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I agree.   Your best bet is to drop into a Vodafone shop.  It might be quite simple, but you'd need to have the device in your hand to see that.  I've had devices freeze occasionally, but long pressing the power button usually forces a shutdown.   You could try again, but for longer - at least 30 seconds.   Fingers crossed at this stage!

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Look to see if a Soft Reset helps. 

You could consider a Hard Reset but take into account this will delete saved data in the phones memory. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Soft Restart didnt seem to help, it took a screen shot but i tried it alternativly and still nothing, I would prefer not doing a hard restart unfortunatly.

But i did try hard reset and it still did not work.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Usually a Battery Pull (handset applicable) helps too. 

Another option is to visit your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store and ask them to take a look and they may need to send it off to be looked at. 

It will have a 24 month warranty. 

Vodafone Help FAQs

Current Phone  >

hrym

I agree.   Your best bet is to drop into a Vodafone shop.  It might be quite simple, but you'd need to have the device in your hand to see that.  I've had devices freeze occasionally, but long pressing the power button usually forces a shutdown.   You could try again, but for longer - at least 30 seconds.   Fingers crossed at this stage!

I think the main issue im having is, its constantly on the lock screen, if i could get past the lock screen i think it would turn off then!

Held the power buton for 30 seconds and reset! Very happy!

All answers were helpful thank you.

BandOfBrothers

Good to hear your back up and running. 😎

Current Phone  >

hrym

Result!   I love it when a plan comes together.

If it happens again, the most likely cause would be that the device is short on resources.  Most current devices, even budget ones, have a lot more memory than earlier ones and can cope with the demands that apps and OSs now put on them.  Occasionally, though, they do run out of steam.   If you're having trouble, just clear running apps (the square button beside the home one, then "x" or 3 parallel lines) before running anything that's likelt to be resource-intensive.