Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Weird software Bug on Smart Ultra 6

blitz7287
1: Seeker

Hi basically what it is im experiencing software issues on the Smart Ultra 6 where I move apps onto the desktop of the phone or into a folder on the phone and it keeps deleting them from the desktop and even out of the folders for some reason its only doing it with certain apps but its getting annoying always having to bring up the main menu. Im just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

Its on Android 5.0.2 If you need to know the other bits its kernel version is 3.10.49 and Build Number VDF-995NB01-UK_MR01b

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@blitz7287

This isn’t something we’ve been made aware of by other customers.

I would advise backing up your phone to a PC, and performing a full factory reset.

If this doesn’t resolve the problem, please let us know and we’ll look into this further for you.

Believe me or not, some of the icons which I have placed it on the front will usually go missing after a few days. I would then have to place them on the desktop again. Fearing that someone has hacked into my phone, I would then do a factory reset and reinstall all my apps on the desktop. 

I have disabled receiving MMS all together. I have disabled Google Hangouts and Google Plus. Using the Stagefright app from Google Play store, it appears that there is still vulnerabilities which Vodafone would have to patch. I could see that the 5.1.1 on my Nexus 9 still contain one vulnerability according to the Stagefright detector app by Zimperium Inc. I hope that Vodafone will try to patch the remaining vulnerabilities on the 5.0.2 firmware.

Many thanks.

There was a 13mb patch last week which patched the stagefright issue on my phone, check in the system updates section for it. 

BigD18t:

Many thanks! I've received the patch also. However, it is just strange that some of the apps which I have placed it in a few folders are missing after restarting the device. I have to place all apps into the respctive folders again, once every two or three days. This is not cool.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Weird behaviour like that is sometimes down to a resources issue - not enough available working memory to perform the task required.

How much available storage do you have?   Have you got an external SD card that could take some of the strain?   What happens if you do frequent clears of recent apps?   Some devices have a task manager that can show you how much RAM is being used as well as what storage is left.   If you have, or can get, one of those, it would be worth investigating.

I have an elderly Samsung tablet that frequently runs out of puff.   Clearing recent apps breathes new life into it and it also has a task manager that shows this clearing a large chunk of RAM.