Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xperia e5 battery drain

timtebb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Any fixs for Xperia e5 battery problem. Says about 70% battery left then switch phone off and have to charge because battery on 0%. No Internet left on or WiFi or location. Help pleased.
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

If this was my phone is look at the following. 

• No background processes are happening. 
  • Location Services are set up as I want them.
  • Look at rogue apps.
  • Properly kill apps I've finished with. 
  • Delete apps that maybe draining battery.
  • Facebook is one culprit.
  • Try after a back up a factory reset.
  • Speak with Sony Xperia Uk support online. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

What is it showing is actually using your battery?  The phone should have an inbuild battery monitor which will break down which apps or services are consuming the most battery.  

It may be worth you posting a list of say the top 5 consumers, so that we can work out where the problem may lie.

Do you perhaps have any app killers/battery savers?  If so, it would be worth uninstalling those.  App killers, like manually shutting down apps, can actually have the opposite effect - that can cause more battery consumption as the background apps constantly reload themselves.  

I do suspect that the issue may actually be a faulty battery or one that hasn't been charged correctly and is thus damaged.  Have you allowed the battery to run down completely?  Completely draining a lithium ion battery is never a good idea as it does damage it. 

PWIAC