Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Your device had a problem connecting to the server

Rachylou
2: Seeker

I have had a new Vodafone contract since Tuesday 21 February. The phone calls and texts work fine but the email will not set up and says:

Your device had a problem connecting to the server

I cannot get into BBM either and this is extremely frustrating. App world says:

Cannot get new token due to device offline state (error ID: 40760).

After ringing continuously all week Vodafone blamed Blackberry and Blackberry blamed Vodafone. Then Vodafone said there was a 'technical fault' and therefore a backlog of problems to sort. They told me it would take 24 hours. It's been 72 hours now. They told me to keep doing a battery pull which I am doing almost every hour. They also said to go to Host Routing Table and click register now which I have done every time the phone has come back on but I still get the above messages.

I am really angry and frustrated. Would be grateful for any advice but I begrudge staying in this contract if I am going to have to go any longer without the services I am paying for!

13 REPLIES 13

gmac212

Same here. This is completely outrageous!!!! Not to way we pay for the calls to costumer services. 

Hope Vodafone and RIM will give back some compensation to their costumers.

(Perhaps a free Samsung Galaxy or/and Iphone).

Unbelievable.

Same here, the issue i have is ...its taking so long to resolve the problem and each time you call customer service they ask you to perform random tasks on your phone which they know fully well would not work anywaz. Why make a fool out of customers , lie and waste thier time instead of trying to sort the problem out as quick as possible?

I cant wait for my 24months contract to be over honestly, i bet this doesnt happen with other networks.

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts here. Please see this announcement for more information on how to get this resolved.

Thanks

Wayne

im trying to view this announcement but cant , im having this issue for the past two days and i am randomly recieving emails but having issues sending them and when i try to log into the mail section it says this issue whats going on?

Hi mavelica2109

Thanks for your post. I've sent the announcement and details of how to contact us via private message. You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

can someone make this announcement public knowledge as im having the same problems??

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tbuttle,

The case in this thread is from some time ago and was resolved at the time. As such, the announcement Wayne mentions earlier was removed once it was no longer relevant.

If you are having this issue now, this would be a separate case which may have an entirely different cause. Can you confirm exactly what you're seeing, including any error message displayed so we can see if this is something we can resolve here on the eForum for everyone’s reference or if we need to access your account, in which case we'd need to contact you in a private environment.

Dave

I am having the exact same problem. Can someone please help me!