Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

blackberry internet service is not working properly

kirova
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I am currently using a blackberry bold 9700 on monthly plan. I have also subcribe to BIS. 

Before that on os5 my bis is working great but after upgrading my os5 to os6 my bis have problem.

My bis is connected if i turn on my wifi however whenever i leave the house or not using the wifi, the service status for the bis always shows not connected even I have a 3G coverage show on my phone but without the blackberry 7 dot logo beside it. 

I called vodafone so many times and they keep sending me this message to do the setting.

This are the things i need to do

1. pull the battery out while the phone is still switched on.

2. to search manually for network, you'll select a different network other than vodafone, when u get the erroe message just select vodafone back.

3. to send the registration message on host routing table.

Unfortunately, after doing all this setting, my bis is still not working. I hope there is somebody who can slove this problem for me. 

Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kirova

Welcome to the eForum :Laughing_Face: it is always good to see new faces on here.

I have currently got a BlackBerry on OS6 and this is working fine, so I don't think that this is down to the operating system.

If your GPRS is not up to date on the SIM card I can see why you have been advised this. You can check if this is up to date by dialling *#105#

You will be given 2 dates and the bottom one needs to be that days date. If not then try any of those 3 things and this should up date the SIM card. To let you know it might take a few attempts to update.

If it is up to date then please reply back to the email that I have sent and we can check if the account is locked and everything else from an account level to see what is happening.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

pls i'm having the similar problem..ive just tried what u've u shown here nd its registered updated...pls help cos its givin me headache...anyway let me explain my problem a bit..i  brought my number from t-mobile to vodafone when i got the new torch 9860 contract until den ive never been able to use the bb service..customer service have done everyfin buh its nat working

Hi,

I have been having real problems with my phone ever since the day of October 10th when everything went AWOL!!...Not only that but i chose that particular morning to update my phones firmware too....lucky me eh?

Anyway, since that day (until this morning) my phone has not been playing. BBM, internet and email simply would not work correctly.

So this morning i had had enough and called Vodafone to try and get my phone repaired or looked at.

I went through a series of tests and stuff without success.

My phone is now working correctly. What i had to do was to delete all the service books from my phone and vodafone support resent them. Take the battery AND sim out for 20 minutes. Reboot and voila!!...all working fine again. For now at least.

This seems to be the answer in my experience. So give Vodafone support a call and ask them to talk you through it.

Hope this helps.

Hi lloydq2

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. I appreciate how frustrating this all must be for you.

This sounds like you do not have the BlackBerry service added to your account. I’m going to send you an email over to the email address that you registered with. All you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We’ll then get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Hey my BB internet is not working either ! I purchased a 2nd hand BB 8310 and after putting in Vodafone sim and signing up to Blackberry Internet  Service everything works, email, BBM , but not the internet . It comes up with message  "  unable to connect with selected mobile data service"  I have selected Vodafone Uk in settings but still no internet or BB App World. My mobile was previously connected to Telefonica and clicking on BB Help goes to a version of BB in spanish.

Help needed fast :smileysad:.

Hi straydog666.

There are two things you need to check here:

Ensure the browser is set to use Internet not Hotspot.

Browser > BB Button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser = Internet

Secondly, change the APN (Access Point Name) to the correct APN for your service.

Options > Advanced > TCP > APN

Contract - Internet

PAYT – pp.internet

Let me know how you get on.

Trev

as good as all your advice sounds.. none of them work.. my coverage has never been the same since RIM went down, i lost trust in BB's and since little has been done for my trust to return.

Hi, I am having the same problem as Kirova! Ive tried everything they have, like taking out the battery, and searched for the network manually and also tried to send the registration message on host routing table. I received a message back to say that i am registered! my BIS does work on WIFI, but not when im out of the house. :Sad_face: This is getting very frustrating! Can you help me please?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi alcro356,

Thanks for your post. 

I can see you've already posted about your issue here. I've logged it to be worked and a member of the team will be along to help you as soon as they can.

I'll leave this thread open and we'll respond in the linked thread.

Cheers,

Lee