3: Seeker
3: Seeker

will vodafone be getting the lg v20?

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @d3lsk1

Vodafone do not comment on what they will release. 

I Find a good way to keep an eye on things is to frequently visit the Vodafone Blog.

Vodafone ~ coming-soon.

Another avenue is to watch the Independents such as Carphone Warehouse. Please be aware some discounts such as Employers VEA isn't available if a contract isn't taken out / upgraded directly with Vodafone. And ensure if your upgrading that they properly upgrade you and not open up a second line.    

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ok! thanks for the reply! was just wondering! I would be interested in getting one now that the Note 7 is blowing up everywhere!

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome.  :Smiling:

The phone your looking at certainly looks to impress specs and features wise. 

I'm still interested in the Samsung Note 7 and am sure the company will remedy the issue(s) with it. 

I'm also interested in the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. 

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus right now and was looking at the iPhone 7 plus but after the keynote I'm possibly not investing in one. I buy sim free. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

We're no longer buying Samsung for company phones - too many headaches with support.

I went onto the Samsung Support Centre in Oxford Street last week to get my Note 4 fixed (sockets are getting flogged out) and was told Samsung has no parts for the Note 4 in Europe so I'd have to sign my phone in now, they'd keep it in their basement for 6 weeks and call when they eventually fix it.  No, he wasn't offering a replacement phone during this warranty service. Suggested I upgrade to a Note 7, which he can't deliver anyway.

I'd always felt that the extensive samsung support network was a reason for staying: it most definitely is not.

A  geek friend who also had a Note 4 had gone for an LG V10 and loves it - raved about it. I'm definitely looking for a V20 on a Vodafone contract if I renew. Support organisation might be smaller but it can't be worse than Samsung's.

Yes, there is a report from a single source that LG won't be selling them in the UK. Does this mean Vodafone won't either?

I received this e-mail from LG this morning,

Good morning Christine,

Thank you for your email.

Sadly we have no confirmation as to whether or not LG will be releasing the V20 in the UK – being honest, I would say that this would be unlikely. The reason this would be unlikely is because we did not release the V10 in the UK.

However, there is always a possibility that we may release this, so I would recommend keeping an eye on the LG website for any further update. You can do this by selecting the link below.

http://www.lg.com/uk

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Sarah
LG Electronics UK Help desk

This isn't the view I've been reading online though, several scources had said they missed out when they didn't bring it to the UK and they would want to release it in the UK.

I kind of feel like a donkey having a carrot dangled in front of my face....shame on you LG.

@SmilingEddie wrote:

We're no longer buying Samsung for company phones - too many headaches with support. One simple problem is how to copy contacts from iPhone to galaxy s7. I went onto the Samsung Support Centre in Oxford Street last week to get my Note 4 fixed (sockets are getting flogged out) and was told Samsung has no parts for the Note 4 in Europe so I'd have to sign my phone in now, they'd keep it in their basement for 6 weeks and call when they eventually fix it.  No, he wasn't offering a replacement phone during this warranty service. Suggested I upgrade to a Note 7, which he can't deliver anyway.

I finally made my mind with Note 7 but unfortunately it was recalled a few days later, how ironic

Tried to get my Note 4 repaired under warranty (sockets worn out) but none available. I eventually ended up with an S7 Edge.

I'm getting used to the reduced screen (and typing near tthe screen edges is so unrelliable that it reduces the effective screen size even further) and a few things about the Note 4 software have been addressed.

I think I'll keep it unless the V20 comes out over here and just pray I don't ever have to make a support call. Something that the S7 Edge does which I think has been dropped in the V20 is RAW format images. 

Hello @SmilingEddie

Thank you for letting us know, please let us know if you need any further help. 

Louise