Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

oneplus one lte

regwinch
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have a oneplus one, i knew when i bought it that it did not support 4g and lte due to band widths etc. However, i was at ascot races on saturday(i lost!) and i was receiving LTE all afternoon.  Anyway, the question is, how was this possible and why cant i get it to work anywhere wlse on lte? i work in london so id imagine it should work here rather than anywhere else?

cheers

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

I've not had chance to check the frequencies the handset works on but Vodafone run off ->

800 MHz

2100 MHz

Do you have 4G in your area and have a 4G SIM card and tariff ?

Check your area via https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

A simile thread. http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-OS/Oneplus-One-amp-4G-Capabilities/td-p/2287367

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

theroretically it shouldnt work as the vodafone bands and the 0ne+ are incompatable. all i can think of is that it somehow hooked up to the 2600 band width, but it def did! here are the oneplus and the vodafone specs

Connectivity

• GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz
  • WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
  • LTE: Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40

Frequencies used on the Vodafone UK networkFrequency Protocol Class

900 MHzGSM/GPRS/EDGE2G
1800 MHzGSM/GPRS/EDGE2G
900 MHzUMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+3G
2100 MHzUMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+3G
800 MHzLTE4G
2600 MHzLTE Advanced4G

BandOfBrothers
Hi

It's conceivable if you have a 4G sim and Tariff.

As per the info from the Tech Team in that thread I pasted in.

Did you manage to run a speed test at all ?

Current Phone  >

i didnt speed test, should have. i have a 4g sim and tariff. so how comes it hooked up at the race course but not central london, any idea?

Hi, 

I had once managed to lock onto LTE when I was in Covent Garden (London) some weeks ago and last week I had the same thing happen when I was in Covent Garden again! It locked onto LTE for most of the time I was in the area. 

I managed to do a speedtest and got amazingly high speeds!

Speedtest

No idea how it managed to get LTE!

BandOfBrothers

@krazykush wrote:

Hi, 

I had once managed to lock onto LTE when I was in Covent Garden (London) some weeks ago and last week I had the same thing happen when I was in Covent Garden again! It locked onto LTE for most of the time I was in the area. 

I managed to do a speedtest and got amazingly high speeds!

Speedtest

No idea how it managed to get LTE!

WoW they are awesome speeds 😎

Current Phone  >

anyone had the following vodafone issue? works with 3g, lte wont work due to band issues discussed elsewhere (though i did get lte at ascot races once, i guess that was 2600 hz band), but every morning i have to re-boot the phone as the data connection on my vodafone SIM drops out and wont re-establish until re-booted, then it works fine.

im in bishops stortford and vodafone is average there, but happens in london as well. i think the best advice is to never buy a OPO when u have 14 months of a vodafone contract!

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds like the phone is going into some form of a "sleep" mode which involves it shutting down the data connection but doesn't bring it back up like it is supposed to. 

Unfortunately  I don't have any access to this particular device so I am unable to have a play for you and see what happens. 

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset - if so, does it do the same thing?  If not, it would indicate an issue with the handset. 

PWIAC

its def the phone. toggled it into airplane mode this am, left it 5 mins and boom! the data connex was back