Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

replacing my blackberry

helmsy157
4: Newbie

Hi can anyone point me in a direction. Giving up my beloved Blackberry and looking for an alternative. Must be secondhand less than £100, on a pension.

I want a dedicated keypad and trackball, removeable battery and a touchscreen as a backup. I tried a Q10 and its terrible, no track ball and sooooooooooooooooo complicated. I need internet access, txt and phone.

Ta all

4 REPLIES 4

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Other than buying a second hand Blackberry Curve, the phone you want simply doesn't exist.

I'm not aware of any phone other than a Blackberry that has a physical keyboard and no phones have trackballs or trackpads. 

Phones are all touchscreen only these days.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Is there something wrong with your current phone ?

If so and you cannot secure a phone from Vodafone that ticks your wants and needs boxes then perhaps consider a 2nd hand phone. I use CEX a lot and found them to be fine. They sell unlocked and locked to network phones either online or in their high street stores. 

Just a thought.   :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

nothing wrong, have a couple of spares but keep running into problems where OS isnt secure enough or site wont recognise my phone. Would buy a passport but cant remove battery. I really like the track pad or whatever its called it lets me move around the screen easily and the keyboard suits us with sausage fingers with its "click"  I also feel it wont be long until "blackberry services" are no longer supported or cost a lot extra on monthly plan.

jeffkinn

I'm afraid Blackberry is yesterday's news. The good thing is that there are still millions of handsets out there so BIS won't disappear anytime soon.

But you would be best served by moving to either Android or an iPhone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png