Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

michaela_rekabi
2: Seeker

I received a call from 08080996746 however I was busy and missed the call. All I know is that the number is linked to vodaphone and would like to know what the call was about? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi michaela_rekabi,

The call was indeed from the Vodafone sales team.

You may periodically get calls about special offers or upgrade deals tailored to your account. 

If you no longer with to receive such calls follow these instructions to have your number removed from the list

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Nabs

Hi michaela_rekabi,

The call was indeed from the Vodafone sales team.

You may periodically get calls about special offers or upgrade deals tailored to your account. 

If you no longer with to receive such calls follow these instructions to have your number removed from the list

I've been reading the forum about this number as I have had a minimum of 5 calls from that number.  I've picked it up twice and no-one is there to answer my hello greeting.  It is getting to be quite a nuisance now.  I have been with Vodafone for approx 10 years, and have been serioulsy considering leaving recently due to your service, not to mention the better deals out there, and all the people ringing me on this number are doing is encouraging me to do so.  As I have read you apparently ask them to call me, so if you could ask them to stop it would be greatly appreciated.

Kimberleyohanlo

I also keep missing calls from this number, can someone call me back or email with the offers?

I keep missing call from this number, can they call me back or email me the offers?

Hi Kimberleyohanlo

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

So we can discuss your options and get in touch please follow the Private Message I have sent to you, once we have your response either myself or one of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

I was getting calls from this number about an upgrade, and our account is in my partners name and im authorised to speak with a passcode and everything. When I pointed this out to the woman on the phone that i was authorised to speak, she said im sorry you can't as we've tightened security, we can only speak to your partner. I've never had any problems before so I hung up and then called vodafone customer service. Who asked me for my passcode as per normal, and said no one had been in my account or tried to contact me from them. So I'm quite confused when I see answers saying this was indeed a sales call from vodafone!! 

Hi Danniellek,

I must admit that this is a strange one as the number is part of our outbound campaigns

However, as long as you have full authorisation on the account then you are able to do everything other than cancel a number as long as you can quote your pass code.

If you would like to discuss the possibility of an upgrade or new connection on the account, please follow the instructions that I have sent to you via PM and one of the team can contact t you to discuss this further.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

garymcfegan

i had been getting several calls a day from 0808 0996746 despite having no marketing in my preferences and phoning vodafone to complain and opt out. if i ignored the call they called again the same day, if i answered they ignored my request and tried to sell me stuff!

Turns out the number is the sales team from vodafone........

in order to sort this out i went on the web site, which was not helpful and initially customer services were also not helpful but then they said if i text STOP to the number the calls would stop - so far its worked....

its really bad customer service for me to still get these calls when i have asked them not to call me, i have a contract with two phones,  i dont need anything else....

Hi garymcfegan,

Thanks for your post.

We'll need to check the marketing preferences we've got on your account. You can find instructions how to contact us here.

Cheers

Ian