Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

858 related questions

Paulius
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, i have a few questions about my phone. The whole facebook post is here: http://www.facebook.com/vodafoneUK/posts/10150274249074385

So can anyone help me with any of those things?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"Query Sandisk mobile microSDHC compatibility with 858 smart"

Solved.

Yes, it is compatible
Richard
UK, Lincolnshire

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

hrym
17: Community Champion

How are you connecting the 858?  What I mean is: which option are you using when the device connects to Windows?   Generall, the browse files one is best.  You should then be able to navigate to the correct folder (which may be Pictures, Camera or DCIM).  If all else fails, you could email the pictures to yourself in batches and then pick the message up on the pc and save them from there.

Actually, an even simpler way would be to sign up with Dropbox, install their app (assuming your device is compatible) and turn on photo sync.  Then all you have to do is wait for the photos to upload and copy them from Dropbox to your hard drive.   Do the upload over wifi if you don't want to chew through your data allowance.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try the options over the weekend & post back how it goes

Well the next time I tried it worked, maybe more by luck than judgement. I did "enable" "USB Storage" when prompted whilst connected the phone to the laptop, maybe that was it. Whatever, the photos are now safely transferred. Thanks again for your advice.

Bernie

hrym

I'd say that was exactly it.   I should have remembered that little wrinkle - more recent versions of Android (if that's what your phone uses) don't need it, so I'd forgotten.