Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Battery drain and SIM full message

llcrouch
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My phone keeps draining battery very quickly even when it has been charged.  It has gone from 80% to 20% in a few hours when it was just idle and I wasn't even using it.  I also get, usually when I wake up, a message saying SIM full, delete text messages.  Which I ignore.  I did try uploading a batter saving program, it didn't make any difference.  I was also having trouble with my phone re-setting itself which I have posted about before,  It is a Vodafone SMART mine, around 9months old.sim card full msg.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If a factory reset doesn't do it, it sounds like a dead battery.  It should last longer than nine months, though, unless you've been allowing it to go completely flat, which will shorten the life considerably.   Can you also change the settings in the Messaging app to save to internal memory, rather than the SIM, which has limited capacity?

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Have you done a factory reset of the device?  If not, this may be a good place to start.  Obviously make sure that you have backed up your data first as it will complete wipe that phone. 

PWIAC

hrym

If a factory reset doesn't do it, it sounds like a dead battery.  It should last longer than nine months, though, unless you've been allowing it to go completely flat, which will shorten the life considerably.   Can you also change the settings in the Messaging app to save to internal memory, rather than the SIM, which has limited capacity?